1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Car Brochures

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by missemucho, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missemucho

missemucho Member

How many of these have you owned?
    John
    http://www.lov2xlr8.no/broch1.html

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a brochure of the 1964 Corvett. The interesting part is the Silver coupe on the cover is my Brother-in laws 1963. And I was there when the photo shoot was shot.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Until very recently, I had the Chevrolet "Sales Album" that dealerships used to order cars for 1969 through 1980. They were large loose-leaf binders with color photos of every body style of every model in just about every available color with all the trims offered, a full list of the specifications and pricing. My wife, son and I were cleaning out the closet in my - okay, our - gun room and "it was decided" that I didn't need them any longer.

Ed

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I inherited all the maintenance books for the steam engines operated by the Northern Pacific R.R. from 1910 to the end of steam about 1950. They were dumped about 30 years ago since nobody was interested. Today, with Ebay, I could probably find a buyer.

I did save the large framed photo (1941) given to the railroad by American Locomotive Company, New York City, of a double Mallet when the order was placed.

5. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

John that was a great URL. At my ripe old age of 61, I found several in there I have owned -- and lots in there I "wish I had owned". Nice URL to keep in the 'favorites' to glace at periodically.

6. missemucho

missemucho Member

Steve A:

I too have owned several of these and wanted many more. Think what some of those are going for now! It's also sad that this is a pictorial history of our once great auto industry. Wonder if we'll ever see the American auto business that successful again?
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.