1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OLD Bottom opening Side by Side F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by little gambler, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Unique bottom opening H.Scherping Side by Side. I think this gun came over on the Nina,Pinta, or Santa Maria. It’s old. Really old.Engraved from one end to the other, still sharp feeling and crisp. 29 ½” barrels with gold inlayed rings at breech. Right barrel is .728” bore with .693” and Left barrel is .730” with .693” .035”/.037” barrels made by “Sir Joseph Whitworth” “Hanover” Stamped “Nitro” no chamber length stamped on the block. Barrels look smooth and good for age, certainly not like they just came from Wilkinson.

All metalwork on this gun is in pretty good shape. The rear grip screw might have been loosened at one time, the rest of the screws that hold hammers on, bottom opening lever and side plate screws look like they have never been turned.

Wood is possible Turkish Walnut, checkering is 50-60% at best, it looks like it had a leather pad at one time, and possibly a gunsmith added a piece of wood with a plastic butt pad. I don’t think it has been cut any, just the original pad removed. The forearm removes like a top lever on a over under, moves to the side then the forearm comes off. 3500.00 and I will ship to your door. Gun will be at PDX gun club tomorrow for inspections. l.g.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Cool gun!

3. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

4. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

0   0   0

l.g.,

Sent you a PM.

5. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

A couple of notes for questions that have been pm'd to me. Length of pull is 13 1/4 to back trigger and 14 1/4 to front trigger. A fired 2 3/4 hull will not close in the gun, but a new loaded shell will, so I am guessing chamber is 2 1/2" and not 2 3/4"

Gun locks up extremely tight and engraving is suprisingly sharp still.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

How about 3000.00 and I will pick up the shipping.

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

0   0   0

Nice gun. I like the engraving and the wood is outstanding.

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The wood to metal fit is choking me. How dey do dat?

9. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

10. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

11. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0