1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

old and new syle KS5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jonese, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonese

jonese TS Member

As I askes about the KS5 awhile ago I have a couple more questions. I see that the KS5 has two body styles, the older one which I am looking at and the one that looks like the KX5. Other than body style what is the difference and should I not buy the old style. And what is a Europa as to a Ulm?
    Any info or oppinion is appericiated.
    Thanks again, Jonese

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

There were two KS-5 receivers, the earlier flat-sided one and the later scalloped-sided one that came out in 1994 and continued on to the KX-5. There were no internal differences that I am aware of and barrels from one can be fitted to the other.

There also were two flat-sided receivers on standard-grade KS-5. The earliest ones had scroll engraving around the edges but they soon changed over to the "logo" receiver with "KS-5" on the sides. The second-design scalloped-sided receiver only had the one standard engraving pattern. Flat-sided receiver were also available blued but I never saw a blued scalloped-sided one.

The short version of a long story is that when Krieghoff first started to import their version of the Remington Model 32 to the U.S., Hal DuPont's Europa Corporation in Miami, Florida was the sole importer and the guns were marked as being imported by the Europa Corporation. That arrangement ended with the introduction of the K-80 almost 30 years ago and Krieghoffs since then have been marked as being a "Shotguns of Ulm" product.

I'm not 100% certain about this, but there shouldn't have been any "Europa" KS-5s made as that gun did not debut until the mid-1980s.

Ed

3. jonese

jonese TS Member

Ed
    Thanks for the info. The gun I am looking at is at Jaquas and they have it
    listed as a Europa.
    Jonese

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what year did the ks5 krieghoff