1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Ammo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cpd544, Jun 9, 2013.

1. cpd544

cpd544 Member

Jun 23, 2009
    I don't collect old ammo but had this given to me and thought it was pretty cool. Montgomery Wards 22lr and notice the price on the 38 spl, $4.85 from Pic-n-Save which does not exist anymore.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I used to shoot a lot of that old Western .38 Special wadcutter. When I bought my first .357 from a friend, he gave me several .50 cal ammo cans filled with them. Reliable, accurate and clean shooting. Back then I'd turn the brass in to a local reman company, then buy cases of reman wadcutters. In those days the police still used .38 and .357 revolvers, so reman .38 wadcutter was dirt cheap. I shot many, many cases of it through that old Model 19, which I still have.
  3. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    The Wards 22 long rifle H.P. back in its day cost 99 cents for a 100 pack. A few years ago I bought a full case of 25 boxes 2500 rounds in the counter display box. The wards price sticker of 99 cents is still on every box.