1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Alcan Papers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Found these at an estate sale. How old are they? The boxes are kind of nice, no bar codes, or www. crap. Thanks, wayne
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Late 60's

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used them in the late 50's hunting rabbits in Markle Indiana

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Alcan company was home based in Alton, Illinois I believe. If memory serves I believe it was started by a now deceased, ATA hall of famer Homer Clark Jr.
    Both SR. & JR. are Hall of Famers I think. I had the opportunity to briefly speak to Jr. & Bob Allen at the Grand back in 1993. Some things you never forget! I remember shooting Alcan products & reloading their stuff back in the 60's & very early 70's. Still have some of their stuff sitting around. Colonel

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Brings back memories from when my Dad reloaded and used Alcan powder and supplies. Early 60's for us back then. Dan

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Still have some of the small 8oz cans of AL 7 & AL 8 from th 60's in the loading room. Can't believe I bought powder in such small quantity but I was a teenager and didn't have much money.

7. j l c

j l c TS Member

I had the privilege pulling and scoreing for both Sr. and Jr. in early Sixties. Homer Clark Sr. shot a Model 12 and made it look very easy.Smooth as silk. I was fasinated with the Alcan shells becuse they were not popular in our area. Winchester was the shell of time along with Rem. Crank

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I still have two boxes of unused Alcan Primers. I think i'll just leave 'em on the shelf where they have always been. They may have been sitting around just a little too long. LOL I honestly didn't know the story of these primers nor the age. I just inhereted them from my dad and thought the box looked cool.----Matt

9. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I have a few boxes of those same Alcan shells around. My dad bought them waaayyy back. Every now and then, over the years since, I've taken a few out hunting, loaded in Dad's old Rem. mod. 11 w/ Cutts...Never had a failure, and I enjoy that all-to-brief brief "connection" to some good days gone past.

10. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I remember the Alcan factory trap reloads. They were in a very high brass green paper casing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.