1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Age ain't for sissies!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slide action, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Old Age ain

Let's see in feb. I fell of an aircraft and busted 2 ribs and briused a lung. Took awhile to recover. Then back at work for 2 weeks and blow out a hernia! Out for another 6 weeks! just got to where I can work/shoot again and I have a torn Meniscus in my left knee! I was planning on being at the LA. state shoot this weekend but didn't think I was up to traveling that far with a bum knee. Probably won't make it to Gator for the shoot over Memorial Day weekend either! Oh well! I'm still hangin in there and can hobble around to local shoots. I know I need to throttle back a bit. It's just my youthful brain keeps trying to write checks my 62 year old body can't cash!!! LOL!

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You've not seen it all yet buddy! It don't get better. I will give you a call when I identify the 22 year old that came up with the term "Golden Years" and you can share in strangling him if you like.....breakemall

3. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

I to had planned to shoot the LA State Shoot this weekend however tore up my left knee and waiting for the MRI results. I love to shoot at Hunter's Run and hate to miss the Crawfish Boil.

4. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

BDobb I would like to share that with you to. "Golden Years" my ... Well you know. Rick

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Your "Golden Years" is that point you reach in your life when everybody is trying to get your gold.

6. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Old age----

Y'all can't pee

Can't see

Can't hear

Need a satchel for all the pill bottles

All those pills usually don't cure the aches and pains

Etc.

Etc.

Get the picture?

Old age ain't for sissies !!!!!!

LOL

Chuck

7. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

slide action

I'm just a year older than you. You will learn that a good day anymore is "when you wake up and nothing new hurts".

Jim R

8. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

You have just started to "enjoy" your GOLDEN YEARS....there are rules that you must follow..

#1 never pass up a chance to PEE

#2 NEVER trust a fart

#3 NEVER EVER take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

tallend, so funny!!!

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side you are 10 yrs. younger than me and while things don't get better it's still better than the alternative. Too many of my friends didn't even make it into their 60s. Good luck for a quick recovery---- ENJOY life as much as you can NOW. Ross Puls

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

For most of your life you have a medical problem and it gets better. At a certain age - "hump year" - the problems tend to get worse. Don't fool with symptoms that can get worse if not treated.

Don't fall down either. "Have a good day!"

12. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I'm 67, just had four vertebrae fused, been diagnosed with degerative joint syndrome, also adult onset asthma, and have fought cholesterol, high bp, and arthritis for years. That said, I have a good wife, more guns than I can shoot, a good retirement, and two good sons, six grandkids, and had good parents, and a Savior that loves me. I think I'm pretty lucky. Six months after back surgery, my first time out was a 48/50. Didn't lose it all. Have to rest the muzzle on a pad between shots but that's a small price to pay.

13. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

The Golden Years is a cruel joke sort of like calling Greenland Greenland.

14. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6dbBfXCMbH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.