1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old AAs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1dudley, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1dudley

1dudley Member

Was going through some old reloading things today and came across some AAs that I am unfamilar with. They are AA Trap 100s low brass and AA Trap 200s high brass and all are six point crimps. Must be 22 to 25 years old. Were these ever popular in the US or could they be some I shipped from Europe? Appreciate any info you can provide. Doug.......

2. TC

TC TS Member

Doug, Have had a few boxes, they are European and if I remember right, steel based. Tony

3. 1dudley

1dudley Member

I shot some with the Brits 18 1986 and must have collected them at their gun club. Have about 4,000 of them but these appear to be brass rather than steel.. Doug.....

4. TC

TC TS Member

Check with a magnet, thought they were brass plated. Could be some were and some were not.

5. 1dudley

1dudley Member

You were right Tony - they are steel. Oh well, I'm sure they will shoot OK.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The 100's were not just european. I used them at the Grand one year. They shot great. Problem was, however, they had the brass plated extra low steel bases. I had a PW back then and once I got them in the sizing dies, you couldn't get them out. Gave the empties to a friend with a Mec super sizer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.