1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Old A5 vs. newer A5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by robervl, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robervl

robervl TS Member

Is there much difference between say a 1954 vintage Belgium A5 and a 1974 vintage Belgium A5?

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I would take the 74 A-5. Both are great guns because they were made in Belgium. I don't like the JAPAN on my guns Ever. I would say the 74 would be stronger because of the changes in powder in those 20 years diff.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I like the Japan ones. Fit and finish is superior.

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Some just got in this debate on shotgunworld. I don't know that much about the A-5's but I do know Browning Double Autos. The best years were in the mid to late 50's and into the early 60's. The wood is darker and better figure. The 1970's Brownings went to the blond wood and hard glossy finish that cracks and peels. In about the mid 60's the barrels on the DA stopped being rust blued in favor of the cheaper, glossy dipped blue. This is like the M12 vs the Y M12. The are all great guns but I can feel the love put into those late 50's guns.
    Doug Allison

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

New A5s fit finish and functioning are better

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.