1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

oklahoma state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by batman1004, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

any results so far and how is the weather and attendence thanks geo 3

2. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

I guess nobody went to oklahoma state shoot musted have cancled it but if they did shoot do they have any results posted on the net.

3. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

Just left it yesterday. So far in the prelims, it's pretty much been all Ethan McCauley. He started with a 93 in singles, but has took off from there. He won the first handicap with a score of 91, the second handicap with a score of 98, and the third with a 99. He hit all 100, but it refused to break. Same thing with the class singles. He broke 199 (missed the 180th something). Lots of dust, but no pieces. He is in a carryover with 3-4 other guys (Jim Moody is one of them). He won the class doubles with a 98. He is on a mission and so far, so good. I guess the wind is really blowing today. Will let you know more results when I hear from my daughter who is still there.

4. CathyandTom

CathyandTom TS Member

Colobiggun,
    Thanks for your report on the Oklahoma State Shoot. However, Ethan did not win the Class Doubles. Tom Batt was high with 99 to win class A.

5. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

how many shooters did they have

6. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

My apologies for the oversight. That was some great shooting in that wind. Some of them seemed more like sporting clays targets than trap doubles. Anybody that could break 99 in those conditions deserves to be recognized!! Great shooting Tom! As for how many shooters......just a guess, but I would say around 120-130 on the prelim days. It sounds as if quite a few more showed up for the championship days. My daughter is not the greatest at getting info, so I don't know who won or what score? I heard 199, but that is just a rumor. They did say Gus Bradshaw was one of the very few 100's on the first round, which was more noticeable considering he had to shoot by himself on squad 1. I will try to post more as I learn it.

7. browning_rules

browning_rules TS Member

gus bradshaw won the singles with a 198, pat stacey won the doubles with a 99 and the handicap with a 100 which gave him his grand slam he also won the all around with 396. Ethan won the hoa. there was about 30 to 40 squads in the singles and caps.

8. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

There were 49 squads in the singles and nearly 40 in doubles and handicap. The conditions were very tough all week. We had cold and north wind on Wed, then lots more north wind on Thurs. Friday was probably the best day. The wind was out of the south blowing 20 and gusting to 30 all day Sat. Sun was cloudy, overcast, and south wind. Pat Stacey breaking his first 100 from the 27 was an unbelievable feat. Of all days to do it, yesterday would have been the day to bet against anyone. The shoot went very well. We received lots of compliments from the out of state shooters. Kenneth Jantzen and his board of directors did a great job. Can't wait for 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.