1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oklahoma State Shoot Cancelled

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seitzrobt, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seitzrobt

seitzrobt Member

I have just spoken with Jim Moody at the OTA, Oklahoma will NOT continue the state championship events.
    The OTA has been devastated by last nights storm.
    No loss of life has been reported.
    The clubhouse and infrastructure is destroyed.
    Recreational Vehicles are mostly destroyed.

Please remember all of our friends in Oklahoma in your thoughts and prayers.

More details will follow and will be posted on the ATA web site as well as updates here on TS.com.

Rob Taylor
    ATA Southwestern Zone V.P.

2. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Thoughts of all of you & well wishes will be coming to you from Colorado.

Gene

3. Quaint

Quaint Member

Just spoke with Tom Larkin, he and AnnDee escaped the gun club with Merlyn and Carolyn Petersmeyer. They headed south and outran the storm, but when they returned to the gun club, found Merlyn's trailer upside down in a field. Tom's motorhome sustained extensive damage, work trailer faired much better. He is still planning to be at KTA. We are so thankful they are safe. As far as they know right now, there were no injuries sustained.

Lori Bumsted

4. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Prayers sent from South Dakota

Bud

5. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

So glad that you all were smart and left. The good Lord was watching over you. Glad everyone is OK. Terry

6. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Bad weather, prayers from Washington to all our trapshooting family.

Barry & Charleen

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad everybody made it out before it hit that other stuff can be replaced

My wife's cousin's house got pretty much leveled from what we have heard but they were in their storm shelter

I told them I would move, too many tornadoes there

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Prayers from Iowa (& Ga.), have a friend there, haven't heard from them yet, they said the last one missed them but only by 20 miles. Ross Puls

9. kjohnson

kjohnson Member

Thoughts and prayers to you all.

Kathy and Mike

10. Ear Gems

Ear Gems TS Member

Larkin's and Petersmeyers ...I am so glad you are safe along with everyone else! If there is ANYTHING I can do to help do not hesitate to call me!! 402-720-9189 If you need our white trailer for a few weeks you are welcome to use it to help get you through the season. Big Hugs!
    Nancy Vonseggern
    Ear Gems

11. FernieTrapGuy

FernieTrapGuy TS Member

Prayers and thoughts to all our brethren from BC Canada.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all our brothers n sisters across the country in the path of these violent storms. Sad days indeed.

Hap

13. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

This is terrible news, sure glad nobody was hurt!!

14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just got back from the Amarillo Gun Club, where I heard the news, and saw a picture of what is left of the clubhouse. It was a nice log building. Bad deal, and thankfully no one was hurt, that we know of. Hope they find all of the guns. Thoughts and prayers to all. Charlie and Kela Henderson

15. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Is Merlyn's bull dog, Tom's black dog and the watch cat all OK?

jim brown

16. Ear Gems

Ear Gems TS Member

Has anyone heard how are Tom and AnnDee's cats are? I would assume their black lab is still at school.
    Nancy v

17. Jolene

Jolene TS Member

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone OK. I talked to KiKi Dayton this morning. She and Bill are fine, but damaged to MH. We were suppose to meet in PA for the State Shoot, but doesn't look like they will be going now. Hope everyone else is doing fine. Pat and Clayton Dill

18. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Jim, Merlyn dog was fine. The watch cats were shaken up but are fine too. The black play puppy is in school somewhere and wasnt with the Larkins. Philip lost his trailer and is doubtful for any shoots that he had planned. It is going to be a few day before anything start to get back to normal. We all are just going to have to suck up our losses and move on. Several people rode out the storms in the trap houses which are now all full of water. El Reno had over 4 inches of rain in an hour. I left there about lunchtime after recouping what I could find that wan't ruined. Back to sq 1. and thanks for everyones well wishes from all of us that were there.

Bob W

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Hope everybody is okay, and prays sent.

That is one thing bad about being away from home. You are in an unfamiliar area and you don't know where to hide. At home I know to head for the basement, where do you hide in a motorhome or travel trailer?

20. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Just spoke with AnnDee Larkin. Their work trailer will be fine but it sounds like their motor home is so damaged it will be a total loss. Merlyn was not so lucky as his trailer and guns were blown out onto the trap fields. Sounds like it was a mass exodus south by most of the people there before the storm that may have saved some lives. Tom hopes to be at the Illinois State shoot in two weeks but likely without a motorhome.

The last three years I attended this shoot and had a great time each year. The people are wonderful in Oklahoma and treated me like a king. Was planning to go back but at the last minute I decided I had too much to do in Minnesota. Guess I was lucky. It always is such a shame when these things happen to nice people and this is a good example of that.

Wish all attendees well and hope they have a speedy recovery.

Mark Zauhar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.