1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oklahoma Did It - Illegal Alien Bill Passed!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Congratulations, Oklahoma!

Might there be a suspicion in the quote that state sovereignty might be in question and open to challenge by the federal government?

Rollin

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Rollin, the Federal Courts would probably have a hard time moving on this type of state sovereignty issue. It seems like they could only get a toe hold if it involved the due process area. The Feds like it when the states enforce Federal law. Makes it cheaper for everyone. The states have fairly wide latitude in determining elibibility for welfare, education, and other benefits.

The only district court that's really creating issues in this area is the 9th, in San Francisco. They tend to make up decisions out of whole cloth. Earlier this month they ruled 2-1 that a legal alien convicted of statutory rape would not have to leave the country, since they didn't consider statutory rape as being a crime of moral terpitude. They had earlier ruled that it was. Doubt that this one will ever be heard en banc.

Best,
    Dennis

3. JDS

JDS TS Member

Oklahoma, REAL AMERICANS. THANK GOD.

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Thats good news, but its a shame the states have to pass laws that are already federal laws! Maybe the states will enforce those laws....the feds sure as hell don't!

5. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

(here come the lawsuits)

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I have been told by a reliable source in Law Enforcement that in N. W. Pennsylvania the INS officers have been instructed not to bother aliens at their workplaces but to wait until they are away from the places of employment before picking them up. Unless they have committed a crime they are turned over to INS Dept. for deportation which take an ungodly amount of time & expense. What's wrong with this picture. They come here (and Penna. is a long way from Mexico) to work at jobs that our people don't want and the employers, I have been told, withold about 25% of their wages because they have no papers. It's the employers that should be charged & fined heavily! But,I surely would like to see a bill like Oklahoma's enacted here. It would help with the financial burden they create.

Big Jack

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

WTG Oklahoma. After what happened to me last Saturday I've really got my dander up for illegals as if I didn't before but now it's personal. I was rear ended by a Mexican fellow that could not speak English or have insurance. He was so ****** up he never hit his brakes. The witness said she was clocking him at 60 when he hit me. It may turn out he is legal but right now I'd be willing to bet he's not. I had 1620 miles on my new 4runner and it probably will NOT be totaled so I'll be taking a loss on trading it in. I won't keep it after an accident like that.

8. JDS

JDS TS Member

AMEN.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Oklahoma is a great state and I appreciate what they did. Oklahoma gives us an example to follow, plus lots of cotton, oil/gas, good football and peanut butter. We should all drive a little farther to shoots and use a little more natural gas to heat our homes this winter to show our appreciation to Oklahoma.

Pat Ireland

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

THANKS Oklahoma !!! Ya made my day. Now, to get other states to follow your lead.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Some people forget that 50 different countries banned together for mutual defense and trade, nothing else.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Big Jack:

The illegals simply claim 12 dependents and their withholding is ZERO.

What they pay for social security is peanuts, they save more than that by not having car insurance or medical expenses.

Maddog, you're right, the so called Native Americans took the land away from the mound builders who did not know or understand warfare and violence.

HM

13. ksshooter

ksshooter TS Member

congrats to Ok. Hope this is enforceable

14. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Duckman salutes Oklahoma! Way to to guys.

15. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Finally, an OT that I appreciate and agree with.

Ed Yanchok

16. Nyttro

Nyttro TS Member

Princie:
    There is no revolution. Skeet2day has done his homework, I don't think you have. Now if we can get California and other States too follow suit, I hope they do.

I am not against Mexicans, but I do believe if they live in our country, they should speak English, pay taxes , and pay for health and auto insurance like the rest of Americans here. P.S. Please spell correctly, It's United States of America.

Nyttro

17. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Good for Oklahoma. But I think you'll find that on the big issues we beat them to it. Haven't you been watching the news? Arizona's new law going after employers has (according to the national news) illegals leaving the state by the thousands. My only problem is they put a limit on the size of the employer, as I remember it only effects employers with 15 or more employees. That takes care of most farming and manufacturing but does nothing for small contractors like landscapers, masons plumbers and others that typically run fewer then 15 employees. If every state followed suit they’d all leave.

18. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Arizona law officially goes into effect on Jan. 1. All employee ID must be verified through a national data base. If you have an employee and the ss# name and other data don't check out, the employer could lose their business license and be fined. Yippy!

The state government is mailing notices to Arizona businesses and employers notifying them of a pending law related to the hiring of illegal immigrants.

The notice tells employers of a federal employment verification system and new state penalties businesses face if they are caught hiring illegals.

The new state law can revoke an employer's Arizona business license if it is caught intentionally hiring illegals more than once. The new state sanctions law goes into effect in January.

Companies that participate in the federal E-Verify system to confirm workers' legal status in the U.S. can help them prove they are trying not to hire illegals.

Business interests are challenging the state sanctions law in court saying immigration is a federal matter and the statute has due process problems.

The law was approved by the Legislature and Gov. Janet Napolitano earlier this year.

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The State of Arizona has had laws in place for a long time the only problem is enforcement of them, hope this changes after 01-01-2008 ... The Official language of Arizona is English, but many times you still have to press one for english ... If all of the states in the United States passed and enforced laws on Illegals of any type it would be refreshing and could have a positive effect after the Illegals figure out they are not just talking about enforcement any longer ... The other option would be open season and then a 3 day break to give them a chance to leave on their own before open season opens again ... They should take all of the Illegals as well as the Bleeding Hearts and cart them off to Mexico and any place other than here in the United States of America ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

If illegals are known by employers, and they use a fake SSN, the FICA "taxes" are probably not going to the Feds. The IRS audits employer tax payments by SSN. If an employer transmits taxes to the Feds based on a duplicate, or fake SSN, it's an automatic red flag, and results in an audit.

In all likelihood, the illegals are not paying any taxes, and the deductions are ending up in the pockets of the employer. This is still under-the-table employment.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.