1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Okay, Who Sneezed On Me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hauxfan, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Moderator Staff Member

Almost 2 weeks ago this coming Monday, I started to feel a little tickle in my throat like I was coming down with a cold.

Well, it seemed to start that way, but by Thursday, I could tell it was much more than that. So I called the doctor and made and app't for that day.

I had such a cough that wouldn't quit. Fever, shortness of breath from coughing. (I think)

Anyway they gave me some pills and sent me home after they had done a culture on me.

They called the next morning and said I had Type 1 Influenza. Oh Glory.

The coughing was the worst as by now they said it had given me Asthma symptons too with my bronchial tubes closing up. (More fun)

Anyway, at one time I was up 43 hours straight because when you have to cough to clear your airways every 30-40 seconds, it just won't let you sleep.

By Saturday afternoon, I had decided to tough it out one more night, but by 0200 I just wasn't sure I could/would make it through the night.

So, I got dressed and went to the ER. (Bout time, huh)

They checked me out and did another culture on my nose and it was indeed Influenza.

I loved the doctor's words. "We're going to keep you"! Sweet music to my ears.

To make a long story short, I was in the hospital 2 days and am doing better although my oxygen level isn't coming up the way it should.

When I went to the hospital, it was 81(I think per cent) and now it is up to 89.

I still feel pretty weak, but Shootlow will say that was always the case. lol

And yes, I do get my flu shots every year. Don't know where this came from, that is why I'm asking if any of you sneezed on me? lol

Take care......

On the mend......(I hope)

Hauxfan!
  2. Catpower

Catpower Well-Known Member

Hope you get better Hauxfan, that stuff can be pretty nasty
  3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Haux........are you feeling good enough to go to Cedar Rapids tomorrow if it doesn't storm?
  4. Hauxfan

No, I don't think that would be a good idea just yet.

Still feeling really weak.

Who knows how long that will last.

I know I'm sick of it.

Hauxfan!
  5. Hauxfan

I could only hope it would be that easy, Shootlow. lol

Hauxfan!
  6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Can you get a refund from the guy that gave you the flu shot? HMB
  7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Hope you get back to normal soon
  8. Hauxfan

Great idea, hmb, the problem is, it didn't cost me anything as my insurance paid for it.

Hauxfan!
  9. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

Sounds like Swine flu....You've got to quit kiss'in pigs.
  10. Hauxfan

Hey Shot410ga, I may have done that in my younger day......lol

But even they need a little loving now and then.

Let's put it this way, I never went to bed with an ugly gal, but I woke up with a couple of them. lol

Hauxfan!
  11. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Hauxfan I been fighting it for three weeks and still on antibiotics and a inhaler. Got the same thing at least sounds like it. I had no sleep for four days from coughing ,two trips to the ER and another in about an Hour. I hope you get better.

P.S. I think your so called buddy gave this to us and I thought he was my friend. (VOO-DOO) :-(

Dave
  12. jmas

jmas TS Member

Get well U old phart!!
  13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Two tablespoons of raw honey mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon helped me get back on track. I put it in a cup of tea and on a toasted english muffin. HMB
  14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Get Well ol Buddy!!! Remember to never kiss girls with runny noses...you might think its funny but its snot ; ))
  15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Active Member

Get Well Soon, I'm sure it was Bulge that did he's like that!
  16. Hauxfan

Thanks guys......

I've been hearing from some people about there symptoms and everyone says it is the loss of energy, or stamina that affects them.

I don't know how long that lasts, but I it is 2 weeks for me now.

Thanks for all the get well messages.

Bird 30, I'm also doing a nebulizer thing 4 times a day. Don't know if it helps, but it sure can't hurt.

Hope you get better.

Hauxfan!
  17. ATT

ATT Member

My money is on something was in the fruitcake, Shootlow sent you for Christmas!

Allen
  18. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Huaxfan I have had the loss of energy for a month. I think that is when it all started. I told the wife at that time that something was going on because I was a little short of breath and no energy. The first thing they checked was my heart and gave me a clean bill on that (no heart trouble, thank goodness).

How long have you felt that way?

Dave
  19. Hauxfan

Dave, mine started two weeks ago today with a tickle in my throat. I thought it was just going to be another cold, but as I found out, it was much worse.

Right now, it's the loss of energy I hate. It just isn't like me not to have any. But am playing it safe and just trying to rest up. Hopefully, it too will get better as days go by.

ATT, you know Shootlow wouldn't send me a fruitcake unless it was COD. lol

Hauxfan!
  20. Hauxfan

Dave, mine started two weeks ago today with a tickle in my throat. I thought it was just going to be another cold, but as I found out, it was much worse.

Right now, it's the loss of energy I hate. It just isn't like me not to have any. But am playing it safe and just trying to rest up. Hopefully, it too will get better as days go by.

ATT, you know Shootlow wouldn't send me a fruitcake unless it was COD. lol

Hauxfan!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.