1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Okay let's play 'What if?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

What if all the massacres were part of a plot (skirmishes by subversives) to test American resourcesfulness (by a foreign entity) at putting down these types of incidents by use of the Second Amendment and right to carry? Why would we legislate ourselves to weaken our ability to stop these North American suicide bombers?
    We should be strengthening ourselves (which by the way, most pro gun people do see it this way by evidence of gun sales).
    So we deal with North American suicide bombers by disarming ourselves or weakening our supplies? By whose order? Why?

2. rpeerless

What if you are facing a pack of growling wolves or coyotes? Are seven bullets enough? What about an unpredictable rabid fox? Seven enough?

Would seven have been enough for the woman who fended off the intruder and saved her children and herself? It wasn't enough to immoblize the intruder and that was just one. Imagine two or three or five....intruders.

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Well for me I think 7 would be enough on the coyotes, wolves or fox. If I run out and haven't killed all of them, I'll either beat them to death with the gun or bite the remaining ones' ears off like in the World According to Garp. They may ultimately get me, but not without shedding some of their own blood first.

As far as intruders go, they don't want any of this. Fighting me is like fighting sandpaper, I will scratch the hell out of you. Seriously, in a life or death fight, I would think most people would gouge eyes out,bite noses, ears, tear the corners of a mouth with a finger fishhook, bend fingers back and break them, finger hook a nostril and tear the cartilage, or grab any kind of makeshift weapon and club the intruder to death, unless he has a gun, then you're screwed, unless he misses or misses a vital organ.

I guess if mags get limited in capacity you'd better line up two intruders in your sights for a 2 for 1 shot deal, then 7 will be enough for 14, almost the equivalent of a 15 round mag. Bottom line, just make sure you are not defenseless without a gun. My goal if ever attacked is to make an assailant pay dearly for whatever he does to me, before I die. I don't think a lot of assailants are expecting that type of agressive/brutal response from most of their victims.

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

You can never have enough ammo in a gun fight. L.J. Gibbs rule # 69

5. rpeerless

Luvs2shoot sounds like you've thought it through but the object is to survive. I remember reading something to the effect that Christians especially, are supposed to prevent themselves and those they love, from being victims in the first place because victimhood can make victims bitter towards God.
    Bigbore613 you're onto something there ;0.

6. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Heaven forbid I'm ever faced with an intruder but if so I will sort out the clip capacity issue in court, God willing.

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

rpeerless, I would feel no bitterness toward God. Man has freewill and things happen that are out of God's control. I'm just saying, that with or without a gun, when threatened, fight with every ounce of energy and every dirty unexpected tactic or move you can, as if it is a fight for your life and that you could very well die.

8. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

My History Teacher back in the mid 50s said to one of the punk kids who challenged him, " I don't fight fair, I fight to win". He was a great guy, my Dad bought my first gun from him (12 ga. dbl) and I still have it. Larry Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.