1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OK who is a good stock fitter at the grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chipmaker, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Been read all the post on shoddy gunsmithing and traveling gunsmiths so you got me worried! I have a new CG Summit and was thinking of getting a Gracoil put on it at the Grand Friday but now who is good and trust worthy and insured and wont chip of nick my stock and give me the gee sorry about that but you still owe me for doing the job. It's like $1500 bucks for a stock and I certainly don't want the grief of dealing with a problem. The guns brand new so I wont be understanding to any sort of a oops oh S@#t, so give me some names who will be there and that you have first hand dealings with and would trust without question.

2. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Ken Rucker of Speedbump Stockworks I think is going to be there. He did my K80 and won't let anyone else do my work. He has done 6 for me now and I trust him unquestionably. I have seen some work from Greg Hissem and Rods that was good also but have not had them do any personally. I don't think you would have any trouble with any of those guys.

Jimmy

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Tom Larkin would do a great job for you. I'm not sure if he's here, but I'd be surprised if he isn't.

4. tug1625

tug1625 TS Member

I mentioned Keith Heeg's name in another post a while back. He installed the R.A.D. on my k-80 at the PA state shoot. Great workmanship and reasonable price and turn around. I'm sure he is at the grand. The other names mentioned here I personally have not had work done by.. but all of whom I've heard good things about.

5. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Chipmaker Check out at Windy City Shooting, Dennis Devault will be there by Sunday or Monday He will take care of you're needs no doubt.Ask Cory where he can be found.

6. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I would take it to Keith Heeg he's the Best!

He's done 2 stocks for us and will have one more to do this year. I think I'll drive up to Indiana and spend an afternoon with him...great guy!

If you want to see an example of his craftsmanship, just checkout his Kreighoff.

TNCoach

7. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Trapshooter Joe and others thanks for your input. I went to the Grand and spoke with several of the recommended guys all were super nice and well equipped, I feel more than qualified to make that judgment seeing I own a Major CNC equipped Tool & Die company! I ended up at Todd Nelson's I cant say enough about the time and attention to detail and my needs. Also the corrections that needed to be made to both my gun and my form! Todd spent a lot of time with me before he even got the job with no pressure to commit to him. He finished the job over nite and then spent a long time adjusting and fitting and showing me what I was doing right and wrong the next morning. My wife and I were staying at Wayne Fitzgerrell State Park and thanks to my wife she had pointed out it has a great shooting facility! What better she loves camping and I like to shoot!! So I drop here off at the RV and head to the range I shot a couple rounds from the 16 and 2 from the 23 yard lines it was hot still at 6:00pm. From the first shot to the last Todd's words of wisdom still fresh in my head, plus my newly fit stock work I was shooting my new CG Summit way better than ever. My hits were very very solid, and yes I still left a few ! but knew the minute I pulled the trigger what I did wrong!
    This is simply the best money I have spent on shooting and highly recommend getting your gun fit up to you, I'm sure there are others but I will vouch for Todd he did a great job on the stock, the fit, the instructions! Now I have to get my skeet gun done next!

Hats off too Todd Nelson, your my go to guy of choice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.