1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OK What's a good price for reclaimed shot ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by The Rock, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Buddy at work is selling his trap stuff. Hasn't shot in 15+ years and said he has about 20 bags of reclaimed shot. Wants $5.00 a bag for it. Before thinking I said I'll take it all. He later told me most of it was cleaned but a few bags were as he got it with some of trash in it.

How bad did I get burned??

Rock

Jim

2. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

YOu got CHEATED. Don't buy it. Tell me where he is and I will come and get every bit of it so you don't feel so bad.

MIke :)

3. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Hey I haven't seen this (crap??) yet and may make you a hell of a deal. For someone that is making their own shot, it would be worth it.

I do have a little over a 1/2 ton of new shot on the floor now. But I figure this would do for practice. But then when I miss (hardly ever do that). Is it the shot or me??

Rock

Jim

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Keybear where in IN?

Forrest

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Ok there only12 bags of shot. But it is in 40#+bags so the deal is better that I though. Never mind.

He said he has to hull it up from the basement. I said at that price I would drag it up and load it.

I imagine I have a lot of separating the lead from the sticks and stones to do but the price is right.

Still haven't seen the first bag yet.

He also has a 3200 special trap I think he said and a mod 12 1937-39 vintage milled rib for sale also.

Rock

Jim

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya get what you pay for at times ya get a whole lot more than ya pay for and it sounds like this time your getting allot more than what ya paid for.

It sounds like ya did good ...

7. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Sorry boys the shot is very clean except for two or three bags. So I get to shoot it.

Two bags have a lot of small stones (about shot size) that I have not figured out how to get sorted out yet but still no complaints.

The shot was reclaimed from my club about 30 years ago. So for as old as it is it is in great shape. A little gray but not corroded and all white.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.