1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OK, the worst food at a gun club?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shot410ga, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The old Miramar gun club in San Diego, I hope they have improved since they changed their name. If you got a hot dog, you were lucky.

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

We had a cook with the loudest mouth you can imagine. He would start cooking whatever was left from the last shoot about 9:30 in the morning and by 11:00 or so even the fresh meat was like a hockey puck or a stick. A few weeks later I found someone else who was interested in the job and we had about a 30 second directors meeting before I went back in and let him go on the spot. It's been wonderfun food since. Bad food also affect shoot attendance.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

The worst food I ever got at a club was at a club that usually had some of the very best. At the old Pinehurst Gun Club, after the shoot they had a open bar (free drinks served by an excellent bartender) and great or devours. But one time the raw oysters on the half shell were not right and I spent a very miserable night between my motel bed and the bathroom.

Pat Ireland

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Gila Bend Gunnary Range in AZ. We had a gun club there back in 79 and our meals usually consisted of surplus USAF boxed inflight meals. I loved the canned fruit cake but the canned ham and eggs was reeeeeeal bad :( That stuff would gag a maggot.

5. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

COON CREEK,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUT HERE IN THE LAND OF FRUITS AND NUTS !!!!!!!!! CALIFORNIA !!!!!!!!

6. chessney

chessney TS Member

Jakes slop shop at picklers gun club in Smucksville WV....Ziggy

7. Lyle

Lyle Member

Cuban???
    Are you kidding me? Sharon makes the best burger around!

Boise on the other hand should post a sign to eat at your own risk. Ma and Pa Kettle leave a bit to be desired at the BGC.

Lyle

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The last time I said anything about a clubs food is the last time .

ALF-99

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I don't mean to brag but OakTree in Santa Clarita actually grows its own tomatoes each year to put in the salads and on the burgers. They do a patty melt that is to die for. On the other hand, they have a house wine that is better suited as a parts dip. Not that I'm a snob or anything but is sucks with a very capitol "S"

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Pat, those oysters on the half shell have gotten a lot of people. I was lucky but I never have gotten sick from em, but thats because I don't eat em anymore.

I dated a woman who was kitchen manager at the local "Red Lobster". I asked why they didn't have oysters on the half shell at her resturant. She said it's because you can't tell a bad oyster from a good one. You can spot or smell bad fish, shrimp, etc.. but you can't do that with an oyster.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bisi- You are absolutely correct. It is sad that we have had to give up so many fine things in life. I just seems that too many good things are bad for us, or we now just do some nice things badly.

Pat Ireland

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.