1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, so.... Where are my scores?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GoldEx, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I guess I nevr paid too much attention to this because I usually only shot about 2 or 3 hundred targets in the fall. I have 1800 targets in the 2008 target year already, 900 of which were shot just under 7 weeks ago. The scorew were turned in two days after the shoot. Where are my scores?

Jeff

2. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

GoldEx, The ATA needs a lot more than 7 weeks to post scores.

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

7 weeks is excessive.

Jeff

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jeff's right...7 weeks is too excessive....

Maybe next target year you should withhold your dues until you are assured of a more timely posting....if everyone (yearly members) would do that, then maybe the worker bee's would move a little quicker.

Curt - Delaware

5. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Does anyone have any idea why it takes so long? Maybe they hire retired people from Browning's Service Dept. to input scores? I don't know of any business that could function like this.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

They have more imprtant things, to take care of, than your scores. HMB

7. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

HMB: Just curious, could you expound on that?

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Actually there are many things they do and they are related to shutting down the old year. Perhaps you can tell me what the real problem is. Are you going to say that you are too lazy to figure your scores and are looking for the ATA to do it for you? Are you just griping because you had a hard day at work and your wife is out with girlfriends? What is the real problem?

9. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

I agree with Jeff. If the ATA is going to provide a Shooter Information area on their website, it should be kept up to date. I think 4-6 weeks from the date of the shoot would be appropriate. Hopefully, they will get this ironed out in the future. I enjoy going to the Shooter Information area to double check what the ATA is showing against my records. I also like to keep up with other shooters on the site. Ok, so I really just like to see my name in print.

Pam

10. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

I do keep my own scores, but occasionally like to double check to make sure it matches.
    I'm sorry Gary, are you the person that inputs the scores? I thought I was asking a valid question. I believe that the other people on this thread were also just trying to find out why it takes so long. Didn't mean to upset you.

11. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

My apology Ron, I don't input scores, I don't send them either. Like many others, I just shoot when I can and I keep my own scores. I guess I am not as into the sport as others here. Unlike you bigtime shooters, I only registered 9 thousand targets last year so I am able to keep the scores myself.

12. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Ok Gary, that explains it.... They're late because they are still trying to input all of your targets! 9,000? WOW!

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Ron we live in the computer age, trap is in the stone age. The powers to be seem very reluctant to change. They revamped the web site, is it to much to ask to keep it up to date? I don't think so. But they have their priorities and those are taken care of first. HMB

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

They do it on purpose because the know some shooters have to have something to bitch about.

Why don't you with all the answers and the small annual fee jump in a car drive down and straighten them out. It seems to be the same small few of you that are hung up on this matter and recycle it every month. If you can't maintain your own score card maybe you shouldn't be handling a gun.

Why don't you just go and enjoy shooting the targets, mark your score on your card and enjoy life.

Don

15. laura!

laura! Member

I guess you should burn in hell for asking such an impertinant question.

16. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I think the ATA office is pretty busy this time of year? Shooter info' on the website is at least 6 or seven weeks behind, I gained 1/2 a yard at a shoot right after the 1st of Sept and it isn't up there yet.

Like I said, I think they're pretty busy this time of year?

John C. Saubak

17. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

You guys are lucky I still have in my wallet my receipt from when I re-newed my membership...dated 8/27.....Still no new card and still no new scores posted.

18. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

So... We should pay our dues and shut up? No more complaining about cards or score postings....EVER. The experts have spoken.

19. shadow

shadow Active Member

Just hang in there untill Neil Winston gets back from that big shoot in Arizona. He will check into your missing scores situation. That is what he promised me almost 3 years ago. I'm still waiting.

20. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

Gold Ex says __"I have 1800 targets in the 2008 target year already, 900 of which were shot just under 7 weeks ago. The scores were turned in two days after the shoot. Where are my scores?" <BR>
    <br>
    Don't worry about it.....Next year the scores shot in September and October won't count for the 2009 target year and your qualifying scores for the Grand Target Minimums. Most of us in the north won't have to pay our dues until March because we don't have any (or Very Few) shoots from November till April now that September and October don't count for the new target year. This should take the load off the ATA office. I have 1500 targets this September and October which in September and October 2008 won't count for my Grand requirements. From what I hear the local clubs around here won't be holding any shoots in September and October 2008. WHAT A SHAME !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.