1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok Mexican Trucks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shannon391, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

What a "slap in the face" to the American trucker on this Labor day weekend.

2. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

Seems just another part of NAFTA --- SHAFTA & screw America.

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

It is sad but true, we are in a world economy.

Transportation, distribution and technology efficiencies make it cost effective to manufacture many products far away from the United States and to sell them here.

Over time, the high standard of living enjoyed by many Americans in manufacturing and semi-skilled jobs may be reduced to that of third world countries. Now, even their workers come here, legally and illegally, and compete for our jobs.

That to me is unfair, because America provides a “defense shield” for many of these economies for which they do not pay or include in the cost of their products. Europe, France and Germany in particular, would have been absorbed into the Soviet bloc without American intervention.

I don't think that I would like an overloaded and under maintained Mexican truck behind me on the downhill slope of a major mountain.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

There's no difference in being run off the road by a Mexican truck driver, and a pot bellied American one hopped up on speed.

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

BLUEHAZE I would guess that old Charlie Don,t Swallow got run out of the old Pickle Park ??

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

bluehaze

Look here C/S'er, not overly long ago I had the privilege of sitting for 2 hours and watch 2 Care Flight helicopters airlift the mangled bodies of 5 dead kids out of a highway ditch, plus several other injured, because some terbacky chewin' good ole boy (who would probably feel right at home with KEYBEAR) fell asleep at the wheel of his BIG RIG, went across the MEDIAN, and hit a 15 passenger van full of school kids COMING THE OTHER WAY ON A DIVIDED HIGHWAY and kill 5 of them before coming to rest in the woods on the OTHER side of the highway, and woke up and said, hey, why are all these TREES up against the window of my truck? (And who are all those screaming kids over there in the ditch, with the blood all over the whole side of their van torn open like a sardine can?)

Your relatives may be safety-minded, and it's too bad that low cost competition will probably run some of the good ones out of business, that's not good. But with some of these truckers out there and how they drive, you wonder what's the difference if they was Mexican?

If a trucker is surgically attached to your back bumper at 70 mph in the right lane because he slept too long with his lot lizard girlfriend and now has to make up time...I don't care if he had tacos for lunch (that would be a big greasy bacon double cheeseburger if he's one of KEYBEAR's friends)

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

I can't see how Mexican truck drivers can be any worse than their US counterparts- the biggest bunch of tailgaters on the planet.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I've seen some of them Mexican trucks on our roads. They had tow trucks and DOT officers behind them. Bald tires, oil leaking clear to the back of the truck, not enough chains binding the load and God knows what else.

Charlie.....If you want to categorize all truckers (or any profession for that matter) by the actions of a few your an Idiot. I've also seen 4 wheelers run the big rigs off the road, (which happens more than your senerio) Is that your type of driving Charlie, the hell with them this is my road?

Bill

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Charlie, So you seen a wreck once, With millions of miles logged every year It's unfortunately going to happen, At least you know the American trucks have insurance,log-books and a safty check, and pay Taxes. I find your response off-color.

I started this post with Amercian jobs in mind, Whatever happend to American workforce pride and respect for your neighbors job? So many people demonstrate such little regard for protecting each other's lively hood any more.

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

shannon391, you wrote - "Whatever happened to American workforce pride and respect for your neighbors job?" That disappeared a long time ago and it isn't going to come back until lawyers and accountants start losing their jobs to the Mexicans. Wait until some bean counter or ambulance chasing lawyer loses his job to a Mexican lawyer willing to take a case for 1/10 or 1/20 amount collected as opposed to the American lawyer's usual 1/3.

Nobody cared when the meat packers lost their jobs to the illegal. Nobody cared when the construction worker lost his job to the Mex, and now nobody is going to cry for the truckers.

A friend of mine had a framing construction crew. He framed houses and light commercial jobs. He had a crew of about a half dozen, paid em well and he made a nice living. Then the illegals moved into town. Now he is working at Home Depot making maybe $10 an hour. His lowest man was making 50% more than that working for him.

Like I said, wait until a lawyer or a bean counter loses his or her job then you will hear squealing about respect for American jobs.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I wish they all would report to the Whitehouse steps for work and food stamps.

12. likes-to-shoot

Shannon..........In a way they do. They report to the peoples houses that work there. Every now and then you'll hear of one getting caught when the employer wants to run for another office.

13. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

It's funny how the unions want the illegal aliens to flood across the border freely, but the Teamster's Union doesn't want the Mexican truckers coming here. Wonder why that is? Not anti-union, just want the hypocrisy explained...Bill(Former union member, retired).

14. frank t

frank t TS Member

By having Mexican drivers transport lead shot the price of a bag of shot should go under $20

15. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Years ago American truck drivers were the safest, most courteous drivers on the road....no more. Most, not all, are inconsiderate bullies who don't give a damn about any other driver on the road save maybe another trucker. They long ago lost any support that I would give them.

Buz

16. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I don't know where some of your are driving but I travel a good bit on both interstates and class B roads and I find most American truckers to be good drivers as well as considerate of others. A few bad apples don't spoil the whole bunch. Jackie B.

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The most erratic drivers I see are usually in mini vans or Suv's talking in cell phones or putting on makeup, and weaving in and out of lanes bumper to bumper trying to make a twenty minute ride to work in ten.

18. likes-to-shoot

Bill1949.........which unions? Is this just hearsay? Whats your proof? How many examples of documented proof do you have? Is this an orginal thought of your own? Or is this just the start of another union bashing thread? It doesn't take much for you people to start beating a dead horse all over again does it?

Shannon....I think you hit the nail on the head. Another thing to add is if you don't get out of her way you get a look that could kill. Most mornings I think someone lit their tampons on fire!

Bill

19. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

There are reasons why trucks speed and drive erratic.
    1)They are being payed a percentage of the load revenue whether it gets there in 2 days or two weeks.

2)They are being payed by the mile (see above on time frame to pay ratio)

3)They are payed a flat rate per load(see why they speed at end of #1)

I have 20 years No accidents and No injuries!Why? Because Im payed a fair days wage and provide a fair days work for my company.Im an hourly driver who does not have to speed or be dangerous to feed my family.Dont get me wrong there are drivers from my company that do have accidents.It is unfortunate part of the trucking industry.

My company ,Yellow Transportation has one of the best safety records in this country.I am held by the government of the United States to standards enforced by the Interstate Commerce Commission,and D.O.T. Mexican drivers will not be held to these standards.I.E. I take a D.O.T. physical every 2 years.Once a year if you have high blood pressure history or Diabetic history.Mexican drivers will not be held to this standard.I have to have a federal backround check to haul Hazardous materials.Mexican drivers do not.Our trucks must pass Federal D.O.T. standards or it is put out of service,not to be moved until repaired.Mexicans are considered diplomats in this country with their truck ,they are given a ticket and are allowed to continue on with an un-safe truck.I could go on and on.Theses are a few examples of the hipocracy our government is party to.

Im all for someone making a living as long as the playing field is even for everyone and safety is not compromised.Unfortunately this is not the case with this situation.

This is meant to be an informative thread and not to start an influx of argumentative responses.Just remember ALL trucks need a little more room to stop,turn etc....Please drive safely,Don Biddulph Jr

20. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Canada enforces safety standards for drivers and their trucks that are very similar to the United States,Mexico does not...Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.