1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OK-It's time to think about this

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by snapthecat, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Let's assume worst case happens and the Muslim Idiot is put in office by the lesser idiots of the nation. I think it may be time to put out some information on best way(s) to hide, conceal, bury or whatever our toys. I know there must be some folks thinking ahead and have this information.

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

How hard would it be for someone to find something I hid, if I posted on the internet how and where I hid it. It helps to be paranoid.

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The one thing I remember from reading some stuff, use large diameter pvc pipe, cut to length and seal with end caps. Include oily rag. Be sure and leave ample room and mark so you can cut the end off when you need to.

4. Nebraskashooter

Nebraskashooter Member

I got a whole lot better idea...... We ALL just stand up and grow a pair of nuts and say NO YOU CAN"T HAVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

5. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Nebraskashooter has the right idea if all of the gun owners said OH NO YOU DON'T then what could the gov do it would be another revolution. Well then again maybe thats what we need.

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Big Dave, remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not really someone out to get you. LOL!

Buz

7. a budine

a budine Member

If it comes to confiscation, I kept my guns well-oiled and mechanically sound. They can have them when I run out of ammunition at my front door. If our nation becomes like one of many European nations and our freedoms are gone, I have no desire to live in that world. I will go down as a free gun-owning American - load up!!!! Remember - it is always better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Sound like Snap has seen black helicopters in his neighborhood.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They will get mine hot and empty.

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

When Hussien Obama brings his helocopters, they won't be BLACK. They will white with U.N. markings on them!!!

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Someone's hearing those voices again!

It's time to take off the metal pasta strainer hat!!

Curt

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

The same summer the supreme court of the land let you know that "it's ok to own and bear arms for individuals" some of you guys are hiding what you can keep in your gun rooms? Come on there have been at least four or five large suburbian cities that have repelled their gun restrictions. Now you would have us to believe that one man can take your guns. Total nonsense!!! Dan

13. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I think a lot of us has already a stash prepared since those idiot Bushes got in the big office. I prepared 20 yrs ago myself.....:), but I wont say what, where, or any details.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

In a land where a girl gets sent home from school because she has a pistol charm on her bracelet, anything can happen.

The answer here is to PROMOTE gun ownership and use. The more we have the safer we are.

Take a kid out and teach him to shoot. I don't care if it's just plinking at tin cans. Give guns as graduation presents and houswarming gifts. My daughter asked for one when she graduated, so I happily bought her a Super-X 1. Get involved in youth programs at the club, if there are non talk it up so one gets started.

The more people there are shooting and enjoying the various aspects of the shooting sports, the less likely to be over restricted.

Perfect example: Switzerland.

HM

15. dverna

dverna Active Member

You guys who will go down fighting are living in a fairy tale. Regardless of how restrictive a law may be - it is still the law until it is changed. Dying for gun ownership is truly a stupid reason to die. In any case, I could not kill a man who is ordered to enforce the law of the land. I cannot kill LEO's or National Guardsmen ordered to confiscate my guns.

Fighting for gun ownership can not be done with bullets. It must be done legislatively. Our guns will be taken from us in a slow and methodical process making each encroachment to our rights slightly more painful than the last. That is where we need to be vigilant.

I can rationalize "breaking the law" by securing a stash of arms and ammunition for a "worst case" scenario when I must defend myself and family (anarchy, civil unrest, breakdown of society, etc) . I cannot kill to protect my "right" to own a gun. I can kill to protect life; and I will attempt to secure the means to do that regardless of what laws may be passed.

Frankly, it is not difficult to store a few thousand rounds of ammunition and 4-5 appropriate weapons. It is prudent to select guns and ammo that will always be available (even if illegally) ie. .223 AR15, 9mm, 12 ga Pump and .22LR (my choices) Of course, if you wish to play Rambo and "go down fighting", replenishment of ammo is of lesser concern.

It is suggested that guns acquired with a paperwork trail (an FFL transfer or retail) be reported "lost" or "stolen" well before restrictive legislation is enacted. We are a long way from that - IMHO.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.