1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OK ITS TEARING ME APART **************************

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Yes. Cut up a cheap stock. Keep the pretty one. You should be looking for a plain cheap stock. Jake

2. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I have the same gun and wouldn't even think of cutting the stock. I did add some lead to the inside of it, no damage to the wood and the felt recoil problem was eliminated. J.Woolsey

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

goose2:

Ok it is up to you and only you so what is this gun going to do for you is it going to be a chick magnet or a shooter.

Ok here is mine below and it has been very good to me.

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/shooting/skunkgrade/?action=view¤t=skunk11.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I have always loved black wal nut wood...

First of all you got to decide which way will pay the bills of the hobby of shooting trap.

If you can look good and shoot good then by all means do what ever it takes to make it happen but in real life if it was me I would do as some others suggested cut up a cheap stock and save the nice one when you sell it a year from now because you think the barrel is bent and don't wan't to make a re bend on it so unless you have plenty of money then do like us normal folks most of us like to get our money's worth out of stuff so let us know on how bad you want a pretty gun vs a gun that will make you proud when ever you win a lot of major titles.

Fog!!!!!!!!!!

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Put the wood away and go with a PFS. Jake

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Another vote for the PFS. Keep the nice wood. Break-em all. Jeff

6. ink ball

ink ball Member

How about getting a nice stock set from Cole Gunsmithing and then modifying it to your liking? You'll still have your original, unaltered set and also a nice set with the features that you want. Prices for his stock sets aren't too bad, and some are very nice indeed.

http://www.colegun.com/wood_sets.php

7. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

Hey Foghorn Let me know when the skunk grade is for sale. Thanks,Tim

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I'm with "ink ball"....do it right, go with Cole's!

Curt

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If recoil is the problem I 2nd going with the PFS. If you sell the gun put your stock back on and sell the PFS separatly. Problem solved.

Don

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Another vote for the PFS. NO one will buy a cut up cheap stock.

HM

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

After you shoot one shell out of your gun, it is used. unless you cut off half of the stock it should not be a big deal either way. Cut it and make it fit so that you can shoot to the best of your amiabilities. Cut it. John

12. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Cut it and be done with it.

If you bought it for pretty looks than you bought it for the wrong reason. Looks aint gonna make it shoot better and looks aint gonna do nothin for ya so cut the dang thing and be done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.