1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OK here is your chance,opinions please.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by darr, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I have been talking to DuPont about Kolars and Kreighoffs.They will send me both at the same time to try out for $200 for a month.This I plan to be the last competition gun I will ever buy.Is it your opinion that high end guns will be cheaper in 6 months?Has anybody owned both and which do you prefer?I am going to order a combo with 30" o/u and 34" undersingle.How are these people to deal with.I like their low% finance options.I can write a check for the gun but if I can get it for 0% why not?I shoot more trap by far than any other game but I do shoot skeet,sporting and yes even the occasional live bird.Lots of ?s.Give me some answers please.Thanks.This ought to be fun.There is never a shortage of opinions here.

Darr Wilson

P.S.
    I have shot the Kolar with release triggers and shot it well.I have not shot a Kreighoff,but they are beutiful guns.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Guns will be banned in six months anyway. Might as well have one last fling at it.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Darr.
    Nothing like hearing from two butt holes right off the bat. If you can't answer the mans question keep your pie hole shut!
    If you already shot a Kolar have them send you a Krieghoff and try it.
    After that shop around and see who has the best price. DuPont is not the only one selling either gun and if it is to your benifit to buy from them proceed.
    JMHO Bill Grill

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Can't really afford a High End Competion Trap gun but if you want it buy it. both names ring with high end and given the chance to try both before buying I would do it assuming that the $200.00 is refunded towards the purchase price

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Had both, and it's a personal decision. I still own the K-80 combo, but that doesn't mean anything. Both guns are excellant. The plus for Kolar is the stock fitting procedure at their plant. A fitted stock is worth a lot.

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Both are fine guns and with that said I have 2 Kolar Combos. The K80 has a very intriciate trigger. The Kolar has a much simplier system and is removeable. It can be changed from pull to release is just minutes buy you. Can't do that with the K80. A shooting friend bought a new TA Combo, his second, and went to the factory to have it fitted. He was overjoyed by the treatment he got form Jeff Maitland. I Choose the Kolar due to the trigger and the fact it is Americian made. Jake

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Darr, Go ahead and shoot the Kreighoff and see how you like it as well. Then make your choise. When I have the money for a high end gun, I know, I will be buying a Kolar!! I will get the gun fitted at the factory right here in the USA, made my Americans, and heaven forbid I ever have a problem with the gun, be it small or large the factory is right HERE. If you ever need to send a Kreighoff back to the factory, it will be months before you ever see it again. With a Kolar it will be days or a week or so. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Darr- It is difficult to accurately compare two fine shotguns. Either will serve you well. The Kolar does have a little simpler trigger system, but the K-80 system does work well. The K-80 trigger is more difficult for me to work on. The K-80 has, in my opinion, a superior system to change the POI. The K-80 system actually bends the barrel up/down with the rib.

I have shot my K-80 for over 20 years (ca 300,000 shots). I have broken a few extractors and the very small axial spring. If I were thinking about a new gun, I would be looking at the same two you are considering. I don't know which I would select. The fact that Kolar is made in the USA would be a factor in my decision. Probably a coin toss would be as good as a careful study of both guns.

Pat Ireland

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just a thought, after you decide if you prefer the Kolar or the Krieghof, ask if you can get the gun you want without any wood, then go to Dennis Devault for the best fitting available-do it once & do it right--it will be cheaper in the long run or get a PFS for the gun you want. I have seen to many Krieghoffs & Kolars with PFS's, I have a little distrust of factory fitting.

Lou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.