1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ok get my drift?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lgunluvr, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

Sitting here tonight thinking about shot prices, gas prices. These certainly are going to affect how I make my choices of how, and where, I'm going to shoot.
    But, isn't this still the greatest sport you've competed in? Think about the people you've met, the places you've shot, and seen!Some feedback please.

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

Quality isnt cheap but can be affordable lolol, since january i have acquired 31 bags of homemade shot via buying outright or trading wheel weights and all total i have less than 400.00 invested in it, by just simply asking at local club i have been given all the once fired hulls i will ever use espically 12 guage. bargins still exsist but you sure have to look and work harder to find them.

bill

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

I bet there will be an amended rule on this soon too.

Bill

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Roger C Please tell us more ?? I think you can shoot recaimed shot .

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Roger, where in the rule book is that located?

6. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I too would like to know where in the rule book it says you can't used reclaimed shot. I think it is in the same section that says you can't use once fired hulls.

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have read the rule book once or twice but I'll be darned if I can find that one in there. John

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I wasn't about to say he wasn't correct without scouring the rulebook.......Maybe figured that it might be one that snuck by me lately

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

9. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

lgunlvr= To answer your question directly, yes, the places I've been and the characters I've met associated in some way to this sport/hobby/interest/avocation/vice....(ah, I guess you get the picture.), could, can and do fill volumes of remembrances in the short 38 years I've been around it. I just hope I can remember part of when I get too crotchety to still do it! Hopefully that is still a year or two away LOL.

This trapshooting thing is a damn good sport to get into, getting more expensive, but (to me) still very much worth it. Sometimes who you meet at a shoot are as memorable as the score you shot.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

10. locdoc

locdoc Member

The rule that RogerC refers to is located in the chapter right after the rule about the use of illegal down riggers.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I've shoot trap for thirty plus years and have always enjoyed the sport and the people. I cnan say the same for golf, but has gotten to be a bit elitest and expensive.

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

If you shoot like me your shells will never be challenged!

13. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

It "could" be illegal in the sense that reclaimed shot usually is all sizes. I know the stuff I shoot for practice is not setting foot in a registered shoot. It was from my club around 25 years ago when they shot a lot of Calcutta's and Annies and the shot is about 50% #5's & 6's. I mix about half new #8 with it when I reload for practice.

Rock

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.