1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OK Gearheads - Ken Block Driving Video - DTTAH

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Whoopde doo for the Subaru, Love to be in there drivng on that course, but then I'm crazier then most behind the wheel

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My son had one of those Subaru Forrestor things I think, It has some letters at the end to indicate it's a hot rod of some kind. He now lives in Knoxville and I will not ride with him again through the Smoky Mountain forest. It's bad as the saying goes but I want to be the one driving. Jackie B.

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

It doesn't take a Subaru to accomplish that kind of driving.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

It doesn't take excessive horsepower but what it does take is a hand/emergency brake. Its mostly about the brake and practice.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

No expert, just played alittle in my younger years. What he is performing is a transition of mountain racing. Its really in the hand brake.. When your young, dumb and having fun you can learn alot that would probably be better not to. We didn't have a controlled arena.

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

That stuff is easy to do...with an overpowered short wheelbase dunebuggy on hardpacked sand or a dry lakebed. But on asphalt!! Wow, amazing; looks like magic. Yeah, as youngsters a friend let us drive his overpowered small block Chevy short wheelbase dune buggy in the Mohave. One could make it feel like it was running in snow or marbles; way lots of torque and horsepower. He overpowered that dune buggy and it lost its charm, come to think of it..

7. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Looks like me running late for work Tuesday after a night of Monday Night Football.Nice

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hey Jackie,

Those letters wouldn't happen to be WRX STI would it? 300hp and all wheel drive make for a wonderful driving experience. Couple that with a bit of tunning and short wheelbase, things really start getting interesting.

The one thing to remember about turbo's and all wheel drive, left foot braking! Keep the turbo spooled up and corner exiting is fun!

ec90t

9. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

thats how my wife drives going to the grocery store!!!

10. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

SCCA Pro Rally practice, now Rally America National Championship. Too bad we don't still have the Terlingua Rally (BIG BEND BASH). Rallye de Paris was this weekend in Paris, Texas. AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.