1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OK,another stupid LOP observation and question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dhip, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhip

dhip Active Member

OK,to start with,I bought and have been shooting a BT 99 since feb. last year.A week ago I had the best score in our league that I've had in three years with the said gun.Knowing I have a 13 7/8 best fitting LOP.This particuliar BT has a 14 1/4 lop.The thursday after the above shoot,I just happened to have a fella allow me to mount his BT99+,it felt great.I asked about the LOP...Yep,,13 7/8. So light bulb goes off,I look over mine and realize,shoot,It has a 1/4 spacer in it.Hmmm,brainiac here decides to remove it,got LOP down to 14.Almost at my prefered lop.Shot this past thursday at club,you guessed it,scores tanked.I figure,don't worry,just got to get use to new LOP.Well sure enough,shot today in the League,Yep,man Your smart,,3yr low score for league.Question is,did LOP change really have that much to do with scores.I do believe I found another problem also.After shooting all but five targets,I was so disgusted I said heck with it. I just stood up straight,raised gun to cheek,and proceeded to smoke the last five,I believe I had developed a bad habit of hunching over when I mounted the gun.Just hope this thursday to find out for sure.Going to concentrate on standing straight up,bend forward knee ever so slightly and try to work this out.Thanks for listening,Just can't believe the day I had today..Oh,didn't mention my best scores because it's no where near the scores of you top guns on this site.

Doug H.

2. racer

racer TS Member

A good stance is considerably more important than LOP. Learning to look for the target correctly is more important than anything else.. have fun. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.