1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

oiling your forearm/ inside surface

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nutty1, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

i recently noticed that the inside on my forearm seemed to be very dry this is an mx2000 unsingle. any body else oil the inside of your forearm. thanks steve

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Don't you dare. Dry hardwood will last forever. If you must do anything try a thin coat of Tru-Oil or linseed oil. But do it once and do not use any gun oils on y9our wood. The guys that do loose value when they do.

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Light spray of Rem Oil inside metal parts every time I put them away. Of course mine aren't P-guns...

Guy Babin

4. andybull

andybull Active Member

Wood and lubricating oils don't mix. Keep any petroleum-based oils or solvents off of your gunstocks. The only oils that belong on wood are linseed, tung, or any other vegetable-based finishing oils. If you're reasonably careful in applying your exterior protective coat of oil with a rag or a patch, it's pretty easy to keep the oil on the metal and off the wood.

The wood if not sealed, will absorb the oils eventually becoming spongy and developing cracks.

Andy

5. JACK

Guy. I agree with you. I do lite Rem oil and wipe off or blow off in tough places. P Guns are really easy. But not on the wood. the folks that get in trouble with "oil leech" ar the ones that oil well and put away in the safe. Those always get stained wiht Oil.

6. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Oil on raw wood will ROT the wood just like water will. Take the time to remove the metal and put a thin coat of finish material on the raw wood, it will help stop the maintenance oil that you are lubricating you metal parts with from penetrating the surfaces of the raw wood, Raw wood will absorb the oil and eventually rot away the wood....

7. JACK

Good idea Eddie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.