1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

oil spill--the things they don't talk about

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by motordoctor, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

oil spill--the things they don

red this about the spill and what really is happening. Not political. motordoc

2. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

A question. What will this oil, especially the suspended dispersed oil and gas, do with sonar? Anti-submarine and commercial fish finder types would be affected I suspect. Any submariners in the group here that can help educate me?

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Maybe Phil will offer his input?

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If its not an American co doing the drilling then they shouldn't be drilling in our waters. Its our water, its our land , its our oil. BP and the other outsider oil co should just stay out of our country.

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

What concerns me about this deep sea well is that the pressure inside of the well bore must be at a very high level which results in the large volume of oil escaping and complicates the plugging of the bore.

I reason that the purpose of two or more relief wells is to reduce this pressure so that the original bore can be controlled and the relief wells be used to recover oil. After all, if the purpose is to reduce pressure, you have to remove oil. Once you remove the oil, you might as well use it.

When this process is over, will not BP have three or more producing wells.

If the current bore that is gushing enough oil to fill a 200,000 bbl supertanker every 5-10 days or so, will not BP end up with a significant oil producing facility.

If so, good for BP because they will need a large sum to pay for the clean-up and the loss of economic value to the fishermen, resort owners, retail stores and all of the various people who earn a living in that area of the Gulf.

What if the pressure is so great that relief wells cannot reduce it to a manageable level.

Just how big is the oil deposit into which that BP has tapped?

Ed Ward

6. 6878mm

6878mm Member

To Auctioneer

We might say that of Yank multinational all round the world

7. larryjk

larryjk Member

I believe there is a special reason this well is so high pressure. They are learning many things from this disaster and they are about how to produce methane hydrate. There has always been a worry about how it would be handled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.