1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oil Prices and the GULF Leak

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jim Porter, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Get hold of your billfolds folks--Think about this for a minute. We have a leak that the world is watching and no matter where the crude comes froim only a few companies control the prices. They know that if prices rise, and they usually do at this time of year due to vacations, EVERYBODY will be on their butts for not having a fix for the leak. SO, they hold prices down to take heat off themselves BUT when the plug is in place LOOK OUT!!! It's like Christmas, it's comming!!

2. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

They already have some good excuse's in place. Like don't worry about it all wells run dry? Or if GOD didn't want all the creature's destroyed HE would'nt have let it happen? Or More Oil and Fuel and Junk went down in the Oceans during all the wars combined, then what Leaking from are broken pipe? Or they should'nt have given us a Permit, IT's the goverments Fault? And if any of you are offended, please take it with a grain of salt!!! I'm personally upset that there's no way to replace many of the things that are being destroyed and lost forever???? All the Oil company are just as much at fault as BP, non of them have come forward with there sure firer way to stop this leak. so you know non of them are prepaired for this type of problem. Ohhh well we have destroyed the land, air, water, and were working on space and other planets, anyone for Golf??? Well I feel better? Good nite Miss Kalabash were ever you are? not sure how jimmy spell it.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

More than gasoline, you need to have powder and bullets.

Glenn Beck thinks it's getting closer.

HM

4. wm rike

wm rike Member

You can promote conspiracies until you are blue in the face, but supply and demand will always determine the price. Look where prices went when the economy took its vacation and world demand sagged by a mere 2-4%. As long as gasoline is more than 35 cents a gallon, someone is going to bitch about the conspiracy.

The Deepwater Horizon is a catastrophe in so many ways. The long persepctive is that offshore drilling in the Gulf has been going on for fifty years and had an excellent record. I note, too, that the reported 2.5 billion dollar loss to the Gulf fishing industry is less than what this country spends on foreign oil in three days. Make what you want of that.

As to the disaster itself, offshore and with the kind of conditions they deal with, it can come at you from any direction, for any one of several dozen reasons, or seemingly no reason at all. I wasn't there, but I have worked offshore. I doubt that there will ever be an iron-clad understanding of what exactly went wrong. Most of the evidence is destroyed or inaccessible.

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Read the article dated May 1, 2010,,,,and who killed JFK????,,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.