1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OHIO VOTERS PLEASE VOTE AGAINST S. BROWN

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

We're at a crossroads here; 4 more years of Obama & 6 more years of Sherrod Brown (D-OH) will hurt those who love shooting sports and jeopardise our gun rights. According to the NRA "Sen. Sherrod Brown is one of the leading anti-gun voices in the Senate, and has been a steadfast opponent of gun owners' rights during his entire career in Congress. He voted for the original semi-auto ban in 1994... supports federal controls that would drive gun shows out of business and voted to ban most hunting rifle ammunition." Amoung his other votes such as the confirmation of anti-gun Supreme Court justices who both voted against the landmark Heller and McDonald decisions. I don't have the space here to list all the reasons for voting against Obama but if he's reelected he'll get the opportunity to stack the Supreme Count with anti-gunners; our shooting future depends on what we do in this upcoming election. So please vote as though our sport and gun interest depends on the outcome. BT100dc

2. The Stive

The Stive Member

You can count on my vote!! John

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Ohio gun owners please read. Josh Mandel, a veteran, understands and supports our gun rights. Rest assured, he will not vote supporting any infringement on our 2nd Amendment rights. Thank you, BT100dc

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Since early voting has started in Ohio please take a hard look at whether Sherrod Brown represents your gun sports interest.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Josh is the man for Ohio. Time to change and get rid of Odummer and Sherry gun banning Brown.
    We need this in Ohio so please get out and vote!!!! This is a very important election for our gun rights.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The TV adds are rancid. Sherrod is long past due. He doesn't care about anything but his party, and moving up in his party. Time to Go!

Take Marcy Captur too! Toledo has died on the vine under her representation, but the voters just don't get it.

8. Doc G

Doc G Member

The NRA endorsed Mitt Romney this week, stating he's "the only hope."

I will be voting for Romney and Mandel for many reasons, and defending our 2nd Amendment rights is high on the list.

Doug Gormley

9. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

If you want to learn more about Sherrod Brown visit www.NRAPVF.org and be amazed. Keep in mind that he voted to restrict hunting and fishing on Federal land as per H316 and H131 bills. He voted to ban on millions of commonly owned firearms, which included many popular hunting and target rifles as per vote 416 on 8-21-94 and vote 92 on 3-22-96. He voted against allowing Ohio concealed carry permit holders to carry in any other states that allows concealed carry as per vote 237 on 7-22-09 and vote 188 on 7-22-09. And the list gets worse: he voted to allow America's firearms manufacturers to be sued into bankrupcy which would have eliminated tens of thousands of American jobs as per vote 534 on 10-20-05. Anybody out there likes this guy? BT100dc

10. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Here's a "yes" vote to reinstate The Assault Weapons Ban bill. Voting for this guy is a vote contrary to our gun interests. BT100dc

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Please, Ohio friends, do the right thing. I hope my friends and family in Pennsylvania do the right thing, too. I come from a long line of "bitter clingers".

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Well it's coming down to the wire. The next 4 years will affect our guns and the shooting sports that we love. Obama and Sherrod Brown (Senator OH Dem.) will follow an anti-gun agenda. Look at the history of liberal Democrats as relating to gun issues. I've seen it since the 60's. I'm not saying that all Democrats feel this way, but these two are anti-gun through and through. What they can't get through Congress will be passed through the use of Executive Orders. Also, the next president will be in a position to appoint at least one and perhaps 2 Supreme Court Justices. That would affect the next decade as relating to gun rights. He's previously appointed the 2 Justices and they are both anti-gun. Major decisions involving the individual right of self defense only passed by 1 vote. We're done if a liberal judge (who disregards or believes the 2nd Amendment is not an individual right) is appointed to the Court. Do you trust Obama & Brown with your future? Please think about it. Thank you, BT100dc

14. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Is that the best you got? I worked 30 yrs. as a Human Resources Manager for a metals company with over 350 bargaining unit employees who were represented by an international labor union. I had grievance meetings in the first 2 steps of which the union president did not attend approx. 1/3 of these meetings. At no time did any of the union presidents not do their jobs although they were absent from the meetings. Over 30 years I bet I had thousands of meetings and the union presidents were always in communication with me about the issues. My point is failure to attend meetings do not constitute being labelled as a slimeball. Took that line from a 30 second commercial which at the best is based on 10% of the truth? Next issue, Josh Mandel served in the U.S. Army in the Iraqi war. Mandel, being a veteran, served more than Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosci and Sherrod Brown all put together. I don't call any veteran a slimeball as I greatly respect all who served. The closest to Brown in uniform is that he was once an Eagle Scout. Now as it relates to firearms, Brown will support, as he did as a U.S. House Representative in 1994 voting for the Assault Weapons Ban signed by the then President Bill Clinton, an assault weapons ban. This time around a new law will be different from the past law which many believe did not go far enough. Ready for your Rem. 870,1100 or your target pistol being classified as an assault weapon? Brown would without a doubt support this type of legislation. Now if you want to discuss a slimeball, I'll leave it up to those who read this thread. Vote your conscience. BT100dc

15. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Well, it's 5:00 a.m. Election Day and I'm off to work at the poll. Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread and to all who have read it. I believe that who we vote for will make a difference with our right to own guns and participate in the shooting sports that we love. Laws against any type of gun is an infringement on all of our guns. Whether Democrat or Republican antigunners must be defeated by your voice and vote. BT100dc

16. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

flincher100: Ohio has spoken, Sherrod Brown won. You can depend on Brown to devastate coil mining jobs in eastern Ohio, increased utility costs on everyone not to mention a friend and vote for anti-gun causes. If you lose your gun and shooting sports or taxes to buy or own guns you'll wish that Josh Mandel had won, but that's down the road. I believe it was a mistake for our gun rights are not more secure with this vote. Sooner or later we'll be like Europe as pertaining to our gun rights as we're headed in that direction economically. In Ohio the slim margin of the Democrat's win was due to support of the "takers" versus the "makers". We hit the "tipping point" in this state. At least Josh Madel served in the military and Brown was once an Eagle scout, not that there's anything is wrong with that. But, I, in all sincerity, do respect your opinion. Thank you. BT100dc

17. Trapazoid

Trapazoid TS Member

Ohio voted for obama the last two elections and you're looking for help from Ohioans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.