1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio Trapshooter Needs Your Prayers-Update

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Janet, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet

Janet TS Member

Donald Fritch, long time trapshooter and vendor has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is in need of your prayers for recovery. Don doesn't have a PC so if you wish to contact him you may use my email address and I'll see that he receives mail.

Don is in good spirits and dutifully submitting to radiation and chemo treatments. He is fighting the good fight --- let's cheer him on.

Janet

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Janet tell Don Gary Bryant says Hi and get well, I did not know he was in the hospital, I last saw him w/Ray Mills at Airport Gun Club w/ Doc Millar and me.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

My prayers for Don!

Matt Woodson

4. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Don helped us alot getting started vending and we'll never forget it, he's a GREAT Friend and is going to pull through....he's to bull headed not to. Dad's been talking to him and he's keeping good attitude, were pullin' for ya!
    Dave and Doug
    Ps. recent pic of Don at the Mo. Fall Hdcp

5. BYRDSHOOTER1

BYRDSHOOTER1 TS Member

What a great guy, I always look forward to chating with him at our Mid-American and many other shoots, hang in their Don from all of us here at mmiddletown.

Pat

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Janet
    Please let don know that we are all praying for him.
    He is a true friend!
    Rooferbob
    Bob and Kim McConnell

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I only met Don a couple of times and didn't really get to talk to him but I pray everything will come out ok if he is as bull headed as Dave says then he will be a fighter.

Fog

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Don is in my thoughts for a speedy recovery

9. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I'll be thinking of Don during this Christmas holiday season. I WILL look forward to seeing him at the Ohio state shoot. You too Janet.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

10. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Take care Don!

Hope you have a great Christmas, and I'll see you at the next big shoot!

Happy Holidays, Aaron "TJ" Willoughby

11. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Have not had the pleasure to meet Don!!!!Best of Luck and God Bless you !!!

12. Janet

Janet TS Member

I will be taking a copy of this to Don in the morning. He wanted me to thank all of you for your comments, emails and good wishes and prayers.

He will continue to be taking treatment and in about a month, I will update this thread.

Janet

13. Janet

Janet TS Member

Don is under hospice care. His sister stays with him first of week and I stay
    with him on Friday and weekends. We spend many hours talking about trapshooting during the good old days. He was happy to have been able to go to trap club last week, but really is too exhausted to travel much.

His wish was to go to Canada to his brother's lake cottage one last time, but afraid he is too weak to make the trip. But, we have pictures of years past.

Your prayers are needed and he appreciates your comments which I print off the site for him.

We are attempting to live one day at a time until there are no more days.

Miracles do happen, but only God is in charge of that.

Sincerely,
    Janet Fritch

14. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Janet
    My deepest sympathies. Don has been in our thoughts and prayers for some time now and now you are too in this time of need.
    Tell Don Hope he can make it to the Cardinal Classic shoot first of June and we will see him there.
    Hang in there buddy!
    Bobby and Kim McConnell
    Rooferbob

15. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Janet, My sister died of Pancreatic Cancer a week before she turned 54 in January 2009. It broke all of our hearts for 22 months. I feel your pain and know how devastasting the diagnosis is. Once Hospice comes, the time goes very quickly for most, including the ones left behind. The pain she was in, even with the meds was almost more than any of us could bear. When the end came, SO quickly, we were all in shock. That is how most of the ones with Pancreatic Cancer go. Very quickly at the end. My prayers are with you and all who are taking care of Don. Say your goodbyes and talk about all the good times while he can hear your voice and take the memories with him. My heart goes out to you and your family and friends.

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good luck and God Bless.

-Gary

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

At times like this, cherishing the good times and hoping for the best is paramount. This is in Gods hands and those you've loved that love you. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Gene Hapney

18. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

Prayers for him and his family, praying for a full recovery. Bill Parker

19. primer

primer TS Member

Don, Vivian and I send you our best and hope for the best for you. Hang in there. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.