1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State - WOW!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 000000, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 000000

000000 TS Member

Received my Ohio State Program today, wow, and they are giving away a car! Seems like everything Ohio does is first class, from their program to the way they run their shoot and everything in between. Maybe certain states along with the ATA could take some lessons from them?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Big deal At the Grand (at Sparta) they are giving Leo $100,000 dollars

3. over/under

over/under Member

Gotta use new shells? LOL just kiddin

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Alf',

That's funny!

ss

5. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have not conceded the $100,000.00 prize yet. Any of you looking to make a bet on the dark horse in this race remember me ( some might call me "the shot in the dark"). Tell the big boys to bring it on since I am on my short yardage.

Charlie

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Must be part of the vortex that sucks all the good prizes that Michigan should have...............

GS

7. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

midalake, i dont know 5 years back or so i was the non resident handicap champ at the mi state shoot. the trophy was a little tiny statue of a trout. there was 3-4 of the high score 99s that day but with the card circled i think i came out with six hundred and some dollars. kinda made me shake my head and laugh. but i do love shooting at mason, one of if not my favorite places to shoot

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Is it a guaranteed car or a chance to win a car?

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Is it going to be an Obamamobile? Also, what will be the IRS' share?

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Barry, There are qualifications: You must be 56 years old, male, blonde hair (grey is OK too), shoot a Seitz, live in Ohio, own pointing dogs and a Harley, and be good looking and smart. I figure maybe 3 of us will qualify. My wife says the "smart" thing might kick me out.

11. BlkSmoke

BlkSmoke Member

It's a shootoff for a Chevy Cobalt. Book says, Events 1-11 offer a $10 option to be eligile. After each event, 5 names will be drawn. All 5 will get one flat of Remington shells & an entry to the shootoff. Shootoff is 1 target per post per handicap yardage.

12. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Barry,
    The car will be given away just as BlkSmoke outlined in his post above. The Cobalt is made in Ohio and we hope to have some of the workers that made the car on hand to see it won.

Blaser USA has very generously donated a Blaser Super Trap Combo to be shot off for. On Thursday after the Blaser Hcp. is completed, Blaser USA will draw one number for event 5 (Wed. Hcp) and one number for event 8 (Thurs. Hcp.) and all those whose score end in the lucky number for that event are eligible to shoot off for the gun.

All Ladies entering Event 8 on Thursday are eligible to shoot in the Longaberger Basket Shoot-Off. This year we have 6 Longaberger baskets to give away, two to each yardage group (18-21, 22-24, 25-27).

Our hog roast will be on Saturday this year and it is still just $3.00 per person. The bean bag toss tournament is back this year and winning teams will take home flats of shells. Vendors row will be bigger and better thank last year. We have added a trailer to the Foundation's golf cart raffle and Remington has generously added a Model 1100 shotgun as a second prize.

Everyone is welcome to attend the 124th Ohio State Shoot. Hope to see you all there.

Don Cogan

13. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Gosh, wish we hadn't bought a toyhauler just to bring home that new cart now that you have added a trailer to the prize package. Looking forward to coming to Ohio. Leo will be holding a clinic at Roachdale IN before the shoot and going on to Canada for a two day clinic after the shoot. Should be a fun trip.

14. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Karla,
    Maybe you will win second prize, the Remington 1100. Wait a minute, I seem to recall Leo shot pretty darn good with one of those guns too! See you there.

Don Cogan

15. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does the Ohio State Shoot really know what the shooters want? Hearing all this about the prizes, etc. reminds me of the old Harolds Club days in Reno, and we all know those days don't exist anymore, right? Seems as though Ohio (Cardinal Center), and Pennsylvania (Elysburg) haven't received that message and continue to give their shooters all they could ask for, and more.... Man, I wish I lived closer to Ohio and Pennsylvania! I wouldn't shoot anywhere else.... Why would I, they have it all!!!.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

16. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have been to the Ohio State for the past 4 years and this year will miss it for the first time. It by far is the BEST State shoot that I have EVER been to and the Cardinal Center is the best venue.Peiod. Boy will I miss it this year. Will spend that weekend at the Delta Trap Club instead.

blade819

17. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

what are the dates for the Ohio State Shoot???

18. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

AHHHHHH just the jealousy of those not from OHIO! every state needs a Mr. Fishburn. We have the premiere shooting facility! And just keeps getting better and better every time you show up!

19. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Wish it was a Corvette!!!!

20. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I wouldn't miss a shoot at the Cardinal Center for anything.Nice to see Remington pitching in.I cant even get Winchester to replace the crap shells they had me return to them for testing!! Guess you know what I'll be shooting from now on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.