1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State - Ups and Downs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

This was my third year at the Ohio State. Fortunately for me the first two years were a learning experince and I really didn't care about what bank I shot on. This year after on-line pre-squadding in order to avoid the TERRIBLE squadding lines, I was squadded entirely on the west banks. It did make a negative difference for me especially banks 6,7 and 8. I came to realize now why there are so many short squads of 2 or 3 shooters.on the West side.. everyone wants the East banks. I believe this poses an unfair advantage for those East Bank shooteres and that the Ohio State ATA needs to change their squadding procedure. Thoughts?

On the other side, hats off to Mr. Fishburn, once again. New improvements every year since I've been there. The Cardinal center is a first class facility even with the underage careless cart drivers. A SPECIAL thanks to John the maintenance supervisor for retriving my K80 stock, wrapped up in a bag, that I left in the bed of the rental cart and discovered missing when I arrived back to ft. Wayne. He saved me from a major anxiety attack. A bottle of scotch for him in August. Thanks Cardinal Center.

John G.

2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Leo Harrison...enough said.

3. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Our squad shot most of our targets on banks 8 through 12 from Wednesday through Sunday.

As stated above, the fields were flipped on the 200 bird events. I did not see any advantage of one end over the other.

The back grounds are different but I did not have any problems with seeing the targets regardless of the banks.

This was my first year at the Cardinal Center. Mr. Fishburn runs a very efficient shoot. They start on time and are well organized.

They probably need to enlarge and reconfigure the CEB. It was crowded most mornings if you had to pay before shooting an early squad.

The golf carts were out of control. Too many and going too fast. Lots of vendors.

Dr. Honk

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

In this part of the country you have to deal with trees. Sorry, but the above posts are correct. Some great scores were shot on the west banks. I don't know that I would say the Golf carts were out of control, but some designated cart paths will soon be required. Some idiot will pull out in front of a car eventually.

Thanks to the OSTA and Mr.Fishburn. A very well run, timely shoot. I was especially impressed with the trap help. Courteous, well trained, clean kept, polite, and respectful of the shooters. I don't know if Mr.Fishburn or the OSTA trained them, but they did a great job. Some of our neigboring state shoots should contact whoever was in charge and get their training procedures.

And....the place was always clean. Trucks ran through the campers and picked up garbage regularly. The trap help picked up trash when they weren't busy. Cleanliness is contageous. So is sportsmanship, and good communication. All these things create a successful event.

Yes, the CEB needs to be expanded (for about 2 hours per day).

5. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

Be nice BIG PAPA... I think Leo can break straights on the most ill set, rickety loose trap you can throw in a house. He's sick!

6. shootman

shootman TS Member

If you think the west end at card. cent. is bad come on up to n.w.ohio to camp perry shooting club and shoot against there background or at fostoria where the wind out of the west never stops or williams county and shoot over the lake . These are all great club and i frequent them a lot and love shooting there but trust me the west end at card. cent.is not bad. Bob K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.