1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Target Requirements

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Man, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

What are the target requirements (without being penalized) for the Ohio State shoot?

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Page 11 of the 2009 shoot program states: 1000/1000/500 shot between 9/1/07 and 6/22/09. Handicap pentalty yardage is waived for Sr Vets.

3. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

Copied and pasted from the program, linked to above...

E. TARGET REQUIREMENTS: Shot during period between September 1, 2007 & June 22, 2009.

16-yard ~ 1000 registered: Penalty - no less than Class B.

Handicap ~ 1000 registered: Penalty - minimum 23 yard line.

Doubles ~ 500 registered: Penalty - no less than Class B.

EXCEPTIONS - Senior Veterans: Handicap penalty yardage is waived for this shoot.

Good job to the OSTA for getting their program online, in full in a timely manner. My compliments!

4. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

What about new shooters, I am asking for one of my friends and he just started shooting this year. He has 600 singles and 400 handicap.

5. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

It would be my understanding that that your friend would have to shoot in the penalty classes. But that is entirely up to the Classification Committee at the time he signs up for the shoot.

6. FLIP

FLIP Member

penalty classes
    or shoot targets only

7. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Is there a bunch of sandbaggers in the penalty class? I shot my first registered targets today at Jaquas Fine Guns and plan on shooting a couple of days at the state shoot. I had 96 on the singles and a 91 from the 20 yd line. It was very windy and one guy had a 97 from the 27 yd line. There was a 95, 2-94's, a 93, and a 92 in front of me. I got to shoot the money today with no penalty and got $49.00 back on my $170 bet. What should I expect from the state shoot money games? With similar scores do I stand any chance?
    Doug

8. shamlin

shamlin Member

The ATA penalty class really stinks for new shooters. I have a 15 year old Junior shooter who is new trap and will have to shoot from the 23 yard line for penalty class. Just don't have the time or the money to get in the 1000 min target requirements by June. So now he goes and can only shoot for targets....whats the fun in that? Plus a new shooter from the 23 yard line......now there is a way to get him discouraged from the sport. It would be nice to see him get an opportunity to shoot for a trophy at least if he happens to get lucky and break a good score from the 20 yard line. I know that the system is set up to discurage sandbaggers, but come on, the sanbaggers will find a way around the system just like they do today. ATA needs to re-asses the target requirements, especially for kids and taking into account todays economy.

9. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I guess it is a sign of the times!? When I was a young man and starting, I knew the rules and made a choice-either wait until I got enough targets or shoot penalty! I did not even think about quitting because I was discouraged! I even had to be one of the best to play first string on all the sports back then! There was no guarantee of playing time like the bs today! Oh well, I hope he shoots and shoots well from the penalty line! Tom Rhoads

10. shamlin

shamlin Member

I am just stating that in todays economy trapshooting is easily double the expense of playing both football and baseball combined. How is that getting new shooters into our sport? And then stick them in competition from the 23 yard line as a 15 year old......cmon! And regarding your comment about playing time, being the best, etc I actually agree with you. Kids should go through cuts in sports just like they did back in the day, but that has nothing to do with being able to compete for a trophy at your skill level in shooting sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ohio state shoot target requirement

ohio state trapshoot target requirements

targetrequrirements ohio state shoot