1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ohio state shoot ,+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shaner, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaner

shaner Member

got back a while ago, wow what a great week , weather was great ,shooting was good , everyone seemed to have a great time , i sure did the three days i made it over , the crew out did them selves agian at the cardinal center !!!!! all i gotto say is thanks to all invloved +++++++++++++++++++

2. conniejo

conniejo TS Member

Have you ever seen a nicer facility?

3. shaner

shaner Member

i cant say i have seen anything nicer , a lot of great clubs out in the world but remember how long this one has been open??????? and then it really is probobly the nicest one , with a few years more its goin to be out standing

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You boys don't get out much.

Don

5. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

BIGDON, are you from Michigan ?

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Yes but what does that have to do with it!

Don

7. 1Trapshooter1

1Trapshooter1 TS Member

They must be nice targets, about 33 200 straights in the singles championship!!! Handicap, 3 pages, lowest score shown was 98

8. 1Trapshooter1

1Trapshooter1 TS Member

They must be nice targets, about 33 200 straights in the singles championship!!! Handicap, 3 pages, lowest score shown was 98

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why don't you find out what banks that most of the 33 200's were shot on? I would bet the majority were banks 3,4,5 and 6.

Don

10. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

yeh when my buddies got our squads weds. there was no way that we were going to shoot any event on banks 3,4,5,or 6. they said no more squads on those banks and i never seen a one of the big dogs shooting down on banks 11,12,13,14,15. my first time there and that will never happen again. i am not whinning but whats fair is fair . had a great time there though !!!!!

11. oh_jdw

oh_jdw TS Member

I feel the same as Jeff does above. It's a great facility. However black rim/domed targets against a tree background just doesn't cut it. At least throw all orange targets on those banks. It's managable for singles. Its alittle bit of a challenge seeing that second target in doubles as well as in long yardage handicap. It is interesting how the big dogs get the prime banks for every event. I'll continue to go. However, unless something changes, I'll only shoot the events I can get squaded on the east end of the trapline. For sundays handicap, I was squaded on the west end, with the overcast weather conditions, I decided to turn my post in and go home early. I would like to say a big thanks to Mr. Fishburn and all those who helped build such a nice facility is such a short amount of time. Without Mr. Fishburn who knows were we would have the Ohio State Shoot.

12. App2000

App2000 TS Member

I absolutely seen nothing wrong with any of the banks ,I shot on the east end and the west end ,scores were great ,
    seen a 199,97 hdcp, 99 doubles,couple 198's and 197's,all on the banks 15 - 17 just from one squad.
    I believe if we would have just kept our heads down a few more times we would have had perfect scores.
    Definitely not the banks or the background at fault.also look where the lights are for the shootoffs !! Not on 3,4,5,or 6

13. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

conniejo:

I had a good time there and I know it is a pretty new facility but I did see a lot of small simple things that would make it more pleasant for some of the shooters like putting coat hooks in the bathrooms or johns also maybe a few more closer together so one don't have to wait in line when they are felling crappy sort of the way I shot Friday.

BIGDON:

I did notice most of the big dogs was on them banks because my squad was lucky to shoot bank 3 the last day also I shot bank 1 in doubles of course it was one of the first squads out so thats why.

I was a little dissapointed in the target loading of the houses on the 10 to a post day because it seemed we had a lot of no targets and broken ones because the traps were about empty and I figured the loaders didn't take in consideration of loading them a bit sooner ok maybe my squad was on the tail end of the loading cycle.

Anyway it cost my squad a few birds and at a shoot like this after the first 50 and a miss then it is high priced practice for the rest of the day.

I do agree with them having to shoot the 10 to the post on saturday because it had to save time but also a top notch facilty should have enough traps to accomadate not having to shoot the 10 per post ok I know im sure they will be added in a year or two so I won't hold that against the club because it's hard to figure out on how many will show up but past state shoots in Vandilia should be a comparison does anyone know how many was there this year and if it was close to the shoots in vandilia just wondering.

I did really like the classifying because of the instant time it took but I heard a few that said they was told that they was already pre classified because of their last years scores shot there and they hadn't even classified yet this year.

I can see the good and bad of that part especially if a shooter was to have had a good day the year before and all the current year he is a struggling and really belongs in the lower class he is in but when they get to the shoot and find out they are penalized for having over the amount of targets needed and the classifiers only put them in the higher class because maybe they won something the year before ok I know the know ability rule also could be applied to it because it has been done to me also from a score 17 years ago and up the last time I shot at that club I did get to shoot my real class that was about 2 or 3 years ago I think.

I also heard the payout part was great because you could swipe your A.T.A. card and if you had money a coming then the computer would cut you a check right then and you didn't have to talk to a real person so I guess the computer was on the job all the time ok I never got to use the payout computer if you know what I mean.

I will be back next year also

Fog

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

app2000; Consider why you were lifting your head. Because you didn't pick up the bird and went looking for it. I broke a 99 in the 2nd 100 sat. on bank 12 shooting into the woods at 7:pm and it was a bitch. It went with my 97 in the 1st 100 also lifting my head looking for birds. If it was so equal why did all the Big Names and those in the know shoot on 4,5,6. I also shot Sun. Hdcp. on bank 9 half the birds were in the sky and half were in the woods background, next to last squad and that was a real struggle for a 90. So please don't tell me the background doesn't make a difference. I would just like the same opportunity as everyone else. Draw bank system.

Don

15. App2000

App2000 TS Member

OH Great !!!! You just solved my problem !!!! I will never lift my head if I shoot on a different bank???? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should have your own post in Trar&Field magazine ha haaa !!!!! Isnt it a sport ? I suppose all the pro golfers should have skipped the US Open this year since it was a difficult course right? Or maybe we should all just make our trap fields as easy as possible to ensure everyone shoots perfect scores,and wins a trophy.I love the competition and love the fact it is different everywhere!I will shoot the worst bank possible before I go home whinning ...

16. trapshooter1981682

trapshooter1981682 TS Member

Was at the shoot all week. They did a great job, i would have liked to see the youngsters shoot half price, but i think Cardinal has came a long way. I would like to see buildings for the vendors but that takes time as well. Looking forward to next year already

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Yes, the lumper speaks of which he again knows nothing.

App2000; Didn't all the players at the US Open play the SAME course??? I don't care how difficult it is if we all play on the same field (background). It doesn't take a rocket scientest to figure out why you lift your head, and you obviously aren't one, you are looking for the bird. You shoot the bad backgrounds and let the others shoot the good and see who wins. Quite frankly I don't care were you shoot, it's your money waste it where you want.

Don

18. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I have heard a lot of the trees are coming down along 9-18....maybe just hearsay.

19. shaner

shaner Member

app2000 i agree with you 100% , if yu lift your head most of the time its so u can watch it go poof ,not lift it will your hunting a bird??? come on now , if you lift it to find a bird dont you take the gun with you? least i do each there own i guess i think its a fantastic grounds , i appreciate it everytime i go there then i guess iam not spoiled as some seem to be, when someone gives you a silver spoon to eat with , some have to have gold???? i support the cardinal center 100% , and thank them for building it , as an old shooter once told me all you have to do is shoot the bird your thrown and if you dont pick it up , then dont shoot ? simple as that. if everyone is so worried about the big guns watch them shoot if they dont like a bird they dont go chasin it , i shot on bank 5, 9 12 and hey shoot what bird it throws , you will do just fine and how some people can bitch about banks an shoot 97 98 99 100???? just be man enough to admit " hey i missed one "

20. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I shot bank 13 and 14 all week and will have to admit that an all orange or at least a NY State target would have been a bunch better against the trees. I did manage a 96 from the 27 on Sunday and my shooting buddy, Dennis Taylor, broke a 98 from the fence on Wednesday to finish 3rd in the race. We shoot with a tree background at our local club so it didn't bother us much however after looking at banks 2,4 & 5 I think I would like to shoot there too!

The offending trees in question are on death row now anyway...they are slated to be logged out later this year and should provide a much improved background for the west banks next year.

LOVE to shoot there no matter what. Great folks and fabulous facility. Thank you Mr Fishburn!!

Bob Schultz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.