1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by doubles100, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

My son and I have decided to go to the Ohio State Shoot for the first time. We will have a long drive (coming from Alabama) so we will be arriving late on Thursday and shooting Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I would appreciate any "tips" and any input on cities to stay (drive time, etc.), places to stay and should not miss places to eat. We usually stay at Hampton Inn or Country Inn & Suites. Also and "peculiarities" related to the shoot. Any help will be much appreciated.
    Will's Dad

2. dshot

dshot Member

The same here

3. Chilly

Chilly Member

Go to the Ohio State Trapshooting Association web site and download the state shoot program. Look on page 43 of the program and it will have listing of locations that have lodging near by. They do not give a listing of hotels but they give city names and location. You can google the city/state and get a listing of hotels that way. Also there are hotels along I-71 going down toward Columbus. Hope this helps.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Check with the Sunbury Days Inn, Larry may have a room left. For eats, do the hogroast at the club and go to Delaware one evening. Wonderful little town with a ton of nice little places to eat.

5. shootman

shootman TS Member

Go to Cardinalcentercamp.com,click on trapshooting, click on camp forms and hotels BOB

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

We always stay at the Hampton Inn, Sunbury, OH (just off I-71) which is 9 miles south of the Cardinal Center.

Plenty of eateries, etc.

Curt

7. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

The Hampton is nice and if you get one of those little hotel guides you can get a room during the week for $79. Andthey are nice rooms ,clean and free breakfast but book early they fill fast

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Take in a breakfast or lunch at the Homestead restaurant right at the entrance to the facility. It's owned by the Fishburns and is really a very nice place, great food, and prices are very reasonable.

You won't be dissappointed by making this trip..We went from South Carolina for the first time last year, and have made plans to go to the Cardinal Classic in August. What a wonderful place !!!

Dave in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ohio trapshooters association