1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ntgr8, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I will be in Ohio in June and thought I would go to Marengo and shoot Mon & Tue. What will the program be for the first 2 days?

2. chisle

chisle Member

ntgr8,
    mon is the kids days shoot,tues, singles-caps&doubles.

3. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Kids on Monday, what a bummer. No warm up event for adults?

4. gch

gch Member

SCTP youth day on Monday, also Shooting for a Cure (pink targets and pink shells for your donation). Tuesday is 100 singles, 100 handicap and 200 doubles (400 targets) Court in Ohio

5. Doc G

Doc G Member

Yes, by all means try to make it on Monday for the Shoot For The Cure event. This is a fundraiser for the Susan Komen Foundation. Pink targets donated by White Flyer and pink shells provided by Federal. There is supposed to be media coverage and some celebraties perhaps shooting as well.

Don't know exactly what kind of program they're throwing, but should be fun and proceeds to a good cause.

Doug

6. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I want to do Monday if I can shoot some tgts. Sounds like the "SHOOT FOR THE CURE"is a non registered event which is ok as long as I can shoot. If I can't shoot Monday I'll just keep going home to Minn.

7. bas

bas Member

G, why don't you just shoot the entire shoot? It's a good one....

B

8. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Anyone know the "Shoot for the Cure" program?

-Chris

9. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Chris, here is what I know so far. We have several sponsors who have stepped up to help with this charitable event. Sponsors include Federal, White Flyer, Cabelas, Tilden Trophies. We plan on having practice rounds that cost $ 10.00 and the OSTA Foundation will supply the shooter a box on pink Federal shells and provide the White Flyer pink targets. Each practice round purchased will include one ticket which can be deposited in a container for the prize that you would like to be in the drawing for.

All proceeds from this event will be donated to Breast Cancer Reaserch. We will have more to follow on this event after our 4/9/11 OSTA meeting to firm up the details.

If any of the other OSTA directors would like to jump in with more info for Chris at this time I would apprecite it.

Thanks

Roger Edgington
    OSTA Director

10. Chris_H

Chris_H Member

Thanks for the info Roger, if the O.S.T.A. hasn't thought of it yet I would think about making a flyer of some sort for the clubs to post. I would be happy to post one. My thought is a lot of clubs have shooters come to the state shoot only to view the vendors but would possibly shoot a few practice while they are there to support a good cause. just a thought.

keep up the good work in Ohio too, this sounds like a great event. pink targets sound interesting too, I know the pink shells have been the talk of some female shooters around our club.

Chris Hevener

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

It is a good cause and we get to "warm up" for the real shoot. Pink shells and targets - but a skeet gun is not mandatory.

One of the premier venues we have and they do a very good job. Lots of vendors too!

I have my RV spot reserved for all three shoots. Lots of hotels, restaurants, etc within 20 miles.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.