1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot up 1.3%

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Zoltan, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

The target count for the 2008 Ohio State shoot was up 1.3% over 2007. Camper sites were doubled from 2007 to 2008 and all of the added camper sites were rented for the duration of the shoot. Vendor attendance was also up from 2007.

The Fishburn family, Cardinal Center staff and the OSTA board have worked very hard this year to make the Ohio State shoot better each year.

We look forward to your comments and suggestions on how to make the 2009 Ohio State shoot even better for our shooters.

Thanks for your attendance and participation.

Roger Edgington NE Ohio Zone Director

2. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Hi Roger:

We were very impressed with all the improvements made since last year. We can see the continus improvements being made to the entire shootng facility. We will be back next year.
    Wayne Downham / Camden, IN

3. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Rodger,
    I shot from Wednesday on and it is a nice place to shoot. Reminds me of the old Grand. Only things I would change is have a few more people taking money, two is just not enough. Stay open until 5 pm and don't close the pratice traps at 4 pm when people are still shooting. That's like saying at 4 pm I don't want your $4 any more. The pratice traps should be open when you have squads shooting. It really is a great place to shoot and thank you all for the job you did running it. And a big thank you to Mr. Fishburn and family for what they have done for our sport!

Terry Dean

Kentucky Delegate

4. breakingclays99

breakingclays99 Member

I shot at the Cardinal Center for the first time this last weekend at the State Shoot and I must say that I was truly impressed with everthing. The campground was very nice and they threw the BEST targets I've ever seen. I will definitely be going back next year.

Melissa Barthel

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

yep they threw the best targets, up until the squall roared through on Sat at 5ish....man we shoulda stopped about 2 minutes earlier, I saw a hard left rise and curl like a jet fighter and land in the middle of the field to our right!!!!!Damn weather........great time otherwise....

6. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

"Brother I feel your pain!" We were shooting singles when the "hurricane" winds come through, and we kept shooting and looked like Ray Charles trying to hit them... Highest targets I have ever shot! Great time though, and an excellent facility. Probably the nicest club I have ever shot at as far as targets, hospitality, and great people. Great job guys!

Aaron Willoughby

7. acre44

acre44 Member

That is "target count" up 1.3% correct? not "attendance" was up 1.3%? could that mean more targets thrown for shoot offs?

Anyway nice facility, they do need more cashiers. I will be there next year.

Toad.

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Did they use the 4 traps per bank system, or use the Pa.shoot modified system?

9. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

The people having trouble with those machines must be the same ones who try to make me late for airplanes.

10. Ljuticman

Ljuticman TS Member

Who won the election for ATA Delegate?

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

They used 4 traps. I shot Wed. thru Sat. Sunday was the doubles championship. My compliments to the OSTA as well. I agree with Big Papa. I use the computers once a year, and when you have 30 people behind you, you feel the urge to hurry, and thats when mistakes are made and time is lost. Great shoot, lots of vendors, and I spent way too much.

12. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Well I will probably get flamed for this but I DID NOT like the black ring targets. I would like to see a solid orange target. It would make the scores go up, more people make the shootoffs, and we would get to shoot longer. I believe Dennis Filo is our new delegate. I also was scared of the computers. The lady behind the counter was extremely nice and helped me thru it. There wasn't anyone behind me so that helped also. Great shoot. Don

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

birdtracker, what handicap yardage are you?

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The late, great All-American Frank Little said many times that statistically, black-rimmed targets produced higher scores. I can no longer argue his logic!!

15. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Pipe Layer, thanks for your comments about the practice traps and also the time of close for the Central Entry Building. I will take these comments to our next OSTA Directors meeting when we start the planning process for the 2009 state shoot.

BIGPAPA the target count was up 1.3% for 2008. This may not seem like a big number, but when you throw over 1 million targets during the week an additional 13,000 targets is a sizeable number. Shoot off and practice trap targets are not counted for the official target count. We use the number of shooters registered for the event times the targets per event to come up with the overall target count for the shoot.

Thanks

Roger Edgington
    NE Ohio Zone Director

16. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

"Brother I feel Your Pain" The wind was rough most of the week but an outstanding shoot and awsome facility. Thanks to the Fishburns for a great place to shoot!
    Better luck in Ky. Tj see ya there! Rooferbob

17. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Biff, I have to plead ignorance, I do not know what PM is. If you need to e-mail me direct go to the OSTA website (www.ohiptrap.com) and pick my name from the Contact Us list and send me your request.

The only thing I left the shoot with a as to-do was to get a 200x200 ATA pin for two shooters who had their first 200x200 at the Ohio State shoot.

Thanks

Roger Edgington
    NE Ohio Zone Director

18. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Rodger:

This was my second Ohio State shoot and for anyone who wants to attend next years... it's almost like a "mini-Grand". The most competitive shooting anywhere on a state level. Mr. Fisburn and his staff should be highly praised for their work and expecially the improvements since last year. But... as in just about all praises there is a "however". First and foremost, SOMETHING has to be done about the under age cart drivers! I witnessed many, many reckless examples of driving and almost was hit head-on on Saturday. Being it was my first outing with my new cart, I assured the young man and his rider that if they had hit me, they would have both received an ass woopin that they never received before. It's not only from a safety perspective, but also a liability perspective for the cart owner or business that rents them not to mention the parents. Rules are rules. Secondly, the kids who staffed the scoring and houses were great. However, they should have been told that if they needed to pass forward of the firing line to get to the house, they should have made sure, and called for a "cold" line. Numerous times I saw a youngster go to the house with either the shooters swinging their gun or broken open with a shell in it. Needless to say we all know that this is a big safety concern.

blade819

19. florin

florin TS Member

Roger,

I too would like to congratulate you for a well run shoot and great facilities.

On behalf of the Canadians present, thank you for your hospitality - we will be back!

Florin

P.S. Keep practice traps open until dusk - you'll make a LOT of people happy.

20. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Get rid of the NY (black ring) targets?! You're crazy birdtracker! They made the targets stick out so nice on the eastern traps, there was no excuse for missing them. I shot the western traps last year, and the ring combined with the tree background may have made it a little tougher to see them over there, maybe.

~Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.