1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot Questions

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Uncle Screech, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I was finally able to get a firm "OK" from work to take the week off for the Ohio State Shoot. I made hotel reservations and now realize that I have no idea what the differences are between a casual weekend of shooting or one of the small ATA shoots I go to and the "Big One", (at least for me since I'll never get to Sparta). So, what should I be planning on? I don't think they allow me to shoot my reloads except for maybe practice, is that correct? From what I hear from folks that have have attended in the past there are a lot of people there but it's well organized. What kind of time should I allow to go through all the "paperwork"? What's a good time to arrive? Is parking an issue? I remember a thread awhile ago about the kids working there and the poor way some people treated them; is tipping the scorers appropriate for an important shoot and if so what is the "usual". Does Cardinal take credit cards? Any and all suggestions are appreciated and Happy New Year to all.

Greg Sliker

2. stanky feet

stanky feet TS Member

Realoads are not a problem.The best run shoot I have ever been to!30 min.is the longest it has ever taken me to classify,squad,and pay up.Parking everywhere.do not have to tip anyone.They do take credit cards.We usually get there about 7:30 You will love it.Have your game face on, fierce competition!!

3. OVBILL

OVBILL TS Member

I agree with all the above statements, but I would clarify "credit card issue" most vendors take credit cards, but not the main bldg cashier's, unless things have change since last year

Regards

Bill

4. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Cash or check for shooting fees. You can squad for the whole week on the first day if you want. "Paperwork" is just like most any other shoot. Classification is first...next go to squadding...then to cashier. Where what hotel are you going to?

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

plemnty of hotels one exit either way from the shoot--10 miles each way. swimming pool and showers on the grounds. check the web site for info. no need for a golf cart., you can drive to the traps. plenty of vendors to spend money on. takes about 3/4 of an hour to squad if you et there early. sometimes it is real busy in the morning the first couple of days. enjoy the place. motordoc

6. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Thanks everyone, that is just what I was looking for. I got all excited about being able to go for the first time, found a smoking room cheap at the Knight's Inn that's like 10 miles from Cardinal, talked my buddy from NY to come in for the week while his wife goes to see her kids in CA, and then realized I had no idea what to do next. Now I have an idea of how much cash to bring, add a couple checks to my wallet for "emergencies", I'll toss a few flats of reloads in the back of the truck, (I'll still buy some new at the shoot so I have the hulls and boxes for the memories), etc. It's this "little" information that can make or break you. Since this opportunity won't always present itself for me I wanted to be able to make the most of it.

Again, thank you all and Happy New Year.

Greg

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Also,Plenty of parking.

I've never had to park very far from the main entry building.

You should enjoy the shoot.

Regards....Gerald

8. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

they also have some great deals on shells with aj brenner

9. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

They DO NOT take credit cards for entry fees However they do have an ATM machine in the entry building.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.