1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot Options

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Screech, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Going to my second Ohio shoot and this year I found a few extra dollars that I could either be smart with (save it) or splurge when I get down to Marengo. Right now I'm leaning towards stupid, hence this question. I have played the Lewis class options but was looking at some of the other ones available and I really don't know what they are. Specifically I was wondering just what the "25's" are? Is that a "bet" that you'll get a 25 in an event? If I do shoot a 25 do I automatically win some small amount? And what's the Jackpot Purse and Great Eastern all about? Are those a "winner take all" deal?

Thanks,

Greg

2. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Youare correct on the 25's. Go to RJ Stuarts site and pull up some Ohio State Shoot results. If you go the "payouts"...you can see what kind of scores it takes to win in different options. That my help you make your decision.

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Keep the money in your pocket

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

If you can break 85-90 handicap, play a lewis clas purse. I have hit a lots of them on 87 and 89s. 3 classes 3 to a class are preferable.

Clyde

5. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

Play all the options Screech. The day you don't is the day you'll shoot a 99 in caps and win $3k.

Only live once and can't take it with you.

I'll be at Illinois State Shoot next week.

See you at Ohio's shoot. We're going down Tuesday, be there thru Sunday.

Is your New York buddy coming back?

6. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

HAHAHA!!! Yeah, like I said, I'm leaning strongly towards stupid. My "grandpa" will be there with me again, he always bragged to me about how big the NYS shoot is until he saw Ohio for the first time last year. So we'll be there all week again this year, it may become a tradition. Drop his wife off at the airport so she can see her kids in LA and the two of us head down to Cardinal for the week.

See you there my friend and break em all in Illinois...

Greg

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

In lewis Class I only play if they pay 50/30/20 absolutely no 60/40 or one pay per Lewis Class these are designed for the big dogs to take more of our money
    The 25s should be 60/40 but then again they are set up for the top dogs.
    Now the 50s should be 50/30/20 not 60/40 the latter is another one geared for the top dogs.

This is why there isn't money anymore in Trapshooting

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot