1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OHIO STATE SHOOT (LOST MY WALLET)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jim creighton, Jun 24, 2013.

1. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Well my second time at the Cardinel Center what a place-Had a problem I lost my wallet in the east bathroom on Thursdey AM went in their at 7:40 to do my business-my wallet fell out of my pocket,I picked it up & placed on top of the toilet paper rack & forgot it-I was back before 9:30 & of course it was gone-I went to the office & campground center to report-left all my info & nothing...I called all the important places (credit cards & banks etc)to report-talked to the sheriff dept-did all the stuff you should do-even put up posters offering a reward -left yesterday & still nothing-Wow what a surprise-all those people & I get the bad apple-they must have saw the cash & got excited(over a grand)I can't beleive they didn't just take the money & leave the rest-what a mess. I guess I lost a lot of faith-thought just maybe I would get it back- On a brighter note the office lady's were GREAT they went above & beyond to try & help me-also everone I talked to hepled in any way the trap people on banks 1-2 were all trying to find info-the trash guys (in the white rangers were helpfull also) Just wasn't my time, Also must say the trap personal were best iv'e ever seen.Food was excellant.Grounds were spotless-had a great time overall looking forward to going back.THANK'S TO ALL THAT HELPED.Nice to have friends that (lend) a hand. JIm Creighton

2. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

Why, One Cardinal center does not take Plastic. Two what would make you scared to carry cash? Third why would you ask the man that question? Bottom line is what makes someone think because he found a wallet that it belongs to them now? No words can describe a person that steals. If you are reading this put the mans wallet in the mail and send it back. Do the right thing. How will you feel when someone steals from you.

3. perezal

perezal Member

I had my wallet stolen once too. Not a good feeling. I hope they catch the guy who stole it.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I carry my cash in one of my front pockets with a rubber band around it so it cannot (usually) slip out of my pocket ... I have a note in my wallet and a 2 dollar bill, the note says take the cash and please turn in the wallet, Thank you ... Hope it turns up ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. zinger

zinger Member

Did you use the bath house by the pool? If so, those cleaning ladies are in there soon after the 6-8am rush. I'm not sure if they speak english either? If it was a shooter, shame on them! If it was the cleaning crew....?

6. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Any shooter I know would turn the wallet and contents in. Trap help and cleaning crews maybe subject. Anyway I hope you recover all contents. Good luck.

7. Hilltop

Hilltop Member

8. flush-em

flush-em Member

9. Hilltop

Hilltop Member

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Hoping to have heard good news from you by now Jim, no luck yet?

11. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

Contacted the Sheriff Department yesterday & have heard nothing back. Last couple of days have been interesting getting all my stuff back-driver lic/cpl lic/insurance stuff-registrations for bike & trailors I own. What a hassel.Good lesson for me.Thank's for the supporting words. Jim C

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I found a wallet last week, on he ground in front of the Post Office. Instantly I looked for the drivers lic. found it and googled her address AND home ph! called and left a message....not happy with that since she would likely be canceling all cards etc. before she got home to retrieve the message. I stepped into a couple of businesses to see if she had been in....one, a financial advisor noted that while she wasn't a customer, he did recognize her as a teacher at the local High School JUST down the street. I got to the school JUST as the LAST day of classes ended and was almost crushed by rabid students racing out for the summer.....anyway got to the office and was advised that she worked at the middle school just around the corner.....got to THAT office and asked for her.....the receptionist asked "whom shall I say is calling"? I replied the guy that found her wallet!!! well she called the woman and advised about me.....I heard a SCREAM way down the hall from her office and she came a runnin' she knew the wallet was missing but figured it was in her car.....got a big hug and an offer to buy me a coffee!

Of course, if there was $1000 bucks in the wallet, I may have had to drive a little slower to the school to think!!! lol Frank C

13. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

If I get it back you'll here my screams for the U.P.eh

14. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Reminds me of something that happened a few years ago. I worked part time managing a hardware/sporting goods store and found a plain white envelope on the floor, looked inside and there were twelve $100.00 bills in it and no one else was in the store at the time. I put it in the bottom of one of the registers and told the owner when he came in. A couple of hours later a little old(70's) lady came in and was very upset. She had dropped her car off that morning for a set of tires and had somehow lost all her money and it was all she had for two months to live on. You couldn't receive anything better than the look on her face when I told her I had her money. She was from Claxton Ga and sent me a Claxton Fruit cake. The owner asked me why I didn't keep the money and I simply told him it didn't belong to me. From that day forward I was given combo's to safes, keys to everything including his house. I hope and pray that it shows up soon. Jackie B.

15. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Frank C, really, you would have to think about returning $1000.? I put a lot higher value on my integrity.

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

But you did top of your tank with the credit card first didn't you? :p

17. Cray

Cray Member

My wife and I had the same thing happen to us, but in reverse.

About ten yrs. ago we had to go to the laundry mat in Riverside,Pa. across the river from Danville, before we went to the Pa. state shoot.

You guessed it! She left her purse with several hundred dollars at the laundry mat.

When we got back to the motel she realized what she did.

We rushed back to see if the purse was still there! GONE!!!!

We called the police in Danville. While we were on the phone, the police were receiving a phone call from the Riverside police that the purse had just been turned in.

It was turned in by a VERY POOR PERSON and NOTHING was missing!!!!

Needless to say, we gave that person a $100. reward. Cray