1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State shoot - June

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Doughboy, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

Fellow shooters,
    I am requesting feedback on the Ohio State trap shoot...
    1. Is it worth the 12 hour drive
    2. What is the weather like in June
    3. Hotels vs. Cabin for lodging.
    4. How would you rate the targets (1 to 10) ten is the best.
    I'm having to choose my events carefully this season due to my work schedule.

Thanks for your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kurt

2. dshot

dshot Member

Target are great, the staff is friendy and helpful, the scorer know what they are doing and are some of the best looking girls you will see anywhere. They have a great pig roast you attend, all the vender are there, I wisked I lived closer, it's a 9 hour drive for me

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Kurt:
    1) I think so.....2)Hot..or mabe cool...or rain...who knows, it changes by the hour sometimes. 3) Hotel...There are cabins in the campground, but are booked a year in advance. 4) 8-9. I sincerely doubt you will be disappointed. Program is available @ rjstuart.com

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Suggesting to anyone or a trapshooter, that they drive 12 hrs to a shoot and then drive 12 hrs home , I find difficult. Ohio has an excellent facility.
    Your dicission !!

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

One of the best shoots in the country. The Buckeye shoot is running this week. Yesterday's attendance was up 34% over last year. That should give you an idea of what the shooters think of the targets, help and the Cardinal Center. The old thing is "if they like it, they will attend". The cabins are booked way in advance. There are many hotel rooms just one exit (10 miles) south of the Cardnial, but they are probably all booked. The next exit south just a few miles has over a thousand rooms (because of OSU football) and the largest shopping mall in the state of Ohio. Plenty of rooms there at normal prices and numerous great places to eat. Everything is less than 20 miles from the Cardinal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.