1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot - Fun Day Recommendations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zoltan, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

This year again we will be having a Fun Day on June 17th, 2013 at the Ohio State Shoot. Last year if you will remember we had the Grudge Match between BIG DON and Dr. Longshot along with a shoot to honor our veterans.

This year our proceeds from Fun Day will be split between Shriners Hospitals and Dyslexia centers.

What I am looking for from folks on this forum is some ideas of what we should put together as the program or programs for the day along with appropriate prizes.

I look forward to your input and ideas of what we can do to make a Fun Day for those in attendance and create some dollars to help these two great charities.

Thanks
    Roger Edgington
    President OSTA

2. TANGO ECHO

TANGO ECHO TS Member

Hay Roger How about a 27 yd doubles shoot?

3. kriegart

kriegart Member

How about 27 yard doubles pumps only. 30 bird program. 50/50? Calcutta?

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Dysinger and Duck Dog, and a Dunk tank.

5. plux001

plux001 Member

Model 12 shoot...

Paul

6. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Setterman,

Good idea, however I'm sure both would like it too much!!!

Matt

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Dysinger would be a bad choice. Ever see his legs? The spectators would be blinded by the glare.

Matt, your name is now on the list!

8. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Setterman,

We will have to put a pretty good insurance policy in place just in case someone drowns. I'm not worried about Brad or I drowning, I'm talking about an innocent spectator drowning from the splash my big a$$ would create when I hit the water!

DuckDog

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Try some 32-35 yd. 'caps....charge a good size entry fee so as to have a good size payout...half to the winner & r/u, other half to the charity.

Open to all shooter's...10 bird races...

$50 entry...

Curt

10. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

What about expanding the cancer shoot? I have always enjoyed the pink targets and shells. Maybe an ATA BIG 50? You might also try a buddy shoot, I would use a blind draw to make it a little more interesting. Maybe a military shoot army vs navy air force vs marines? I am sure what ever you guys come up with will be a big hit.

11. dtrap

dtrap Member

Doubles from the 20 yd. line.........

12. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

How about a round of bunker for say something like $25. This would include the targets, donation to the charity and a box of Federal Top Gun SubSonic (900 fps) loads? Could be interesting to see if anyone could break more than 5.

I also would be tickled to shoot some 27 yard doubles (maybe even set to wobble for that added extra kick).

13. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I'm new at this game so indulge me a bit - I can watch doubles, HCP or singles matches any time, buddy shoots too. I'd like to see something entertaining, a bit like the Grudge match last year but with more bragging rights. Let's have a game of HORSE or any name you want to give it up to about 10 characters. Bid to shoot it - top two bidders get it. 3-hole trap - fast targets. Coin flip decides who goes first - shooter picks his yardage, station, and target angle (hard left, straight, hard right) If he makes the shot, the other shooter has to make the same shot. If the second shooter makes it, he gets to set the next one; if he misses he gets a letter and the control stays with the first shooter. First one to spell the name or word is out and loses his bid money. Winner gets half the loser's money and his bid back. Rules just like HORSE on a basketball court. This could be a "special" shoot. You know, one of those things named after a city in India.

14. Straight50

Straight50 Member

I like Curts idea on the long handicap. Open to all who would like to shoot. $50 entry, sell the shooters. Could raise some good money for the charities.

15. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

How about a pork chop eating contest? They could have a pork chop cook off then sell pork chop dinners to the on lookers. Just a thought. Glenn

16. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

By looking at most trapshooters, I think they've already done that pork chop thing.

17. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Hey Yak...I resemble that remark....

18. busmechanic

busmechanic TS Member

I know it the wrong time of the year. How about toys for tots shoot. It would be good to see the Marines their. Maybe get more kids involved. They are the ATA's future. Thanks Roger

19. Robb

Robb Member

I like the pork chop idea. You could sell a calcutta.

20. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

how about a series of 10 bird protector shoost. New Shells or factory shells. No HOT SHELLS. As the people walk up they pick a pill and that's their partner. No stacked teams. Kind of fair to all shooters. Maybe even the 30 yard line. What about a 30 yard annie oakley. Legal shells, no buyback, 1/2 money or some money goes to charity and split the other money to top three winners of each shoot. Remember that your want to give back something to the shooters and not only the top winner. Follow the leader works good also. Figure out some way to get everyone involved so the little guy has a chance to win a couple of bucks and not always the top guns. There will not be a lot on money left over if you give half to the charity. Maybe part to charity??? motordoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.