1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot - Fun Activities

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zoltan, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

The OSTA is having a fishing tournament with 10 tagged bluegills that can be caught and checked in at the CEB for prizes. Remember to bring a fishing pole to the state shoot and good luck.

Also we will be having a corn hole tournament on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Cost to participate is $ 5.00 per team with a limit of 32 teams per day. You can sign up for this at the CEB. Winning team each day to receive two flats of shells.

The Corn Hole tournament will start about 15 minutes after the close of shooting on these 3 days. A general announcement will be made on the PA system for shooters information.

Thanks

Roger Edgington
    OSTA NE Zone Director

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Roger,
    With the new "courtesy" after 10:00 p.m., has the late night shoot been eliminated? Tom Rhoads

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

A "Corn Hole" tournament........

I'm afraid to ask........lol

Hauxfan!

4. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Tom, the Middletown 50 has been eliminated, but just to add more fun to our state shoot this year any lady who enters the President's Handicap is automatically eligible for a shoot off for a custom Longaberber basket after the handicap has ended.

Details of the shoot off will be available in the CEB at the classification desk.

Don't get any ideas of breaking out the grass skirt from North Lawrence in order to win this prize.

Roger

5. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

The fishing prizes on the taged fish are for kids 16 and under. Oldsters can fish too just not win, it's catch and release also. On Saturday night Johnny B the DJ is playing music in the pool house main room from 8 till 11 pm. He claims to have over 4,000,000 songs at his finger tips. Also friday nite is the hog roast, state meeting, and Hall of Fame induction so something happing just about every nite.

Brad Dysinger OSTA Tournament Director.

6. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Johnie B is bringing Hip-Hop to trapshooting ( thats a quote right out of his mouth )

7. 700X-user

700X-user Member

OK! Hauxfan, I'm not afraid to ask. What the heck is a corn hole tournament?

Ed

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

We call corn hole "Polish Horseshoes" at our family get togethers. You basically throw cloth bags sewn together with beans inside them at wooden boxes angled up to a hole. We score the game to 21. If you make it on top of the board it's a point, a leaner in the hole is 2, and if you make it in the hole it's three. The opposing team can cancel out the other teams point by duplicating their throw. Example if they throw one in the hole and you throw one in the hole there are no points exchanged.

It's a fun game, especially with a few "cold" beverages.

Matt Krizinski

9. tcr1146

Brad,

In that case, when and where is the calcutta auction being held?! Tom Rhoads

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I am with Haux and Ed. Is there anyone who can verify Matt's explanation of the game? Behind me in AZ I've got friends who grew up in Iowa farm country and they're not familiar with it. LOL, Sounds like a fantastic shoot and great time. That's what Trap shooting should be. Shoot well and often while we can, Bob

11. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Here is a link to the ACA Official Rules of Cornhole/Corn Toss.

www.playcornhole.org

The OSTA board of directors wanted to put together a fun filled week of shooting and other activities. As Brad Dysinger mentioned we will have our annual hog roast, a DJ for entertainment, Longaberger shootoff for all ladies entering the President's handicap along with the corn hole tournament.

During the week if the shooters have ideas to make the shoot even more popular find an OSTA director and give us your input.

Also don't forget to buy your golf cart raffle ticklets. We will be raffling a Clays cart valued at over $ 8,000.00. Brad Dysinger and Harlan Campbell will be awarding the cart. Proceeds from this raffle will go to our OSTA foundation which awards scholastic scholarships to our youth.

Thanks

Roger Edgington
    OSTA Director NE Zone

12. Doc G

Doc G Member

To repeat Tom's question, if the main room in the pool building will be used Saturday night for hip-hop, when and where will the Calcutta be held?

Who is selling the Calcutta? And most importantly, will Wiffenpoof be there?

Doug Gormley

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thank GOD someone asked. I'm sure I was thinking what Haux was thinking. Bulge.

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

It is outstanding that the OSTA works so hard to improve an already excellent shoot. You folks do a fine job.

I will miss most of my own state shoot (Michigan) so I may spend the week at Marengo. Let's hope the weather cooperates!!

Don Verna

15. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Doug, Tom, the calcutta will be sold on Saturday 6/27/09 at 7:00 PM in the OSTA tent which will be setup just outside the CEB. Ray Lee will be handling the auction.

Thanks

Roger Edgington

16. tcr1146

Per Doug's question, we need wiffy to run em up! Tom Rhoads

17. gridlock

gridlock Member

If you ask me,I think it would be great if Wiffenpoof stayed home. Come to think about it,I have not seen him this year. Might be that he is getting ready for some "Cornhole"

18. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Brad is fixing me up with a spot to display some trapshooting artifacts from the Trapshooting Hall of Fame Museum. I hope to have some interesting items, some with OHIO roots.

We'll have things of display on Friday, Saturday and perhaps Sunday morning.

Stop by, take a look, ask questions, show something from your collection, talk history, or just say hello. I'm really looking forward to my first visit to the Cardinal Center.

Kenny Ray Estes

19. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Hauxfan

I think it a game that Skeet shooters play off the field behind clubhouse doors.

I would not pick up empty hulls with out a buddy covering your back.

Well let's put it this way it don't mean what it did when I was a kid???

I don't get it and it is big around the Cincy area for some reason known only to the visionaries.

Rock

Jim

20. gridlock

gridlock Member

Ohio State Shoot-Fun Activities.

Looks like Dr. Longshot wants to have more Games added to the program. If he wants to shoot more he might consider entering more events as Stuarts web-site indicates he only shot in one caps event in 2007 and 2008.Pretty simple to me,enter more,shoot more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ohio state activities shooteeshootee