1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot, First Time

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Screech, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I'll be heading down to Cardinal for my first state shoot and I'm even dragging along a friend from NY. We are about as prepared as you can be for the actual fun stuff and then I remembered that I like to eat sitting down every once in awhile. For those who know the area can you provide some suggestions for restaurants in the area? Anything from fast food to fancy would be appreciated. I did an internet search but wasn't sure how far to "extend" the search and it seems like 20 miles or so is pretty sparse but then again, I could have messed up the searching.

Thanks in advance and see you there...

Greg Sliker

2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Just south of the Cardinal on the Interstate, there are hotels, eateries and a Harley Dealer.

blade819

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

The Farmstead restaurant is right next door but if you want better fare, just jump on the freeway and head south - 10 minutes puts you on the Hwy 36 exit where you will find fast food, a Bob Evans, a Waffle House, a Cracker Barrel, go south another 10 minutes and you are at Polaris which is a very large mall and shopping center/area - everything from fast food to formal dining. So, you have just about everything within 20 mintues.

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

place called fishermans wharf at polaris. great seafood. terrific

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Go over to Delaware, that town is full of little shops and restaurants and is alive at night!

6. steele

steele TS Member

There isn't a huge selection of options until you go 2 exits south to the Polaris Mall area. Just about any restaurant & hotel you ever heard of. Fisherman's Wharf is excellant. Bonefish Grill, Mitchells Steak House, & BJ's Brewery are amoung my favorites. All the chain eateries are there too. Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Corraba's, Red Lobster. If you want a real experience, drive about 1/2 hour south to Reynoldsville area, to Scali's. Finest Italian meals I've had. PM if want any contact info. Butch from Pgh.

7. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Make sure you try a bowl of the homemade chicken noodle soup at the grounds concession stand. Rumor has it that Karen Fishburn (sp) herself makes it. Awesome...........

8. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

And if you need to stock up on groceries and want a full line store,go south 10 minutes and go east (4 miles to large Kroger) or West (4 miles to Meijer).

9. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

Hey Screech,

Haven't seen you at any shoots for a couple weeks. Glad to see you're going to the State.

Polaris is the place to go for sure. Look up Polaris Parkway on-line and you'll pull up the urban spoon. It lists 20 restaraunts in Polaris.

I second the nod for the shredded chicken at Cardinal. I had my fair share of them at the Buckeye.

I'll be staying at Cardinal the entire week at the State shoot, I'm sure I'll see you roaming around.

10. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

There are a couple food vendors on the grounds that do a good job, fried bologna sandwiches to ice cream. Also plan on the annual hog roast.

11. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Thanks everyone, that helps a lot. Feels like all the pieces are in place now and I can just go and shoot.

Hi Jeff,

Yeah, the chuckle-heads who make decisions where I work have been off their meds for a bit now and it's making life a bit testy. But it's also been nice to have a couple weeks to just go play grabass and shoot and those orange things without a care on the weekend. I think I needed to smile and relax before "The Big One" starts. If I don't see you before then I will make sure to hunt you down while at Cardinal. I'll be there Tuesday through Saturday (maybe Sunday too).

Greg

12. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Just as you enter the CC is the Farmstead reataurant owned by Mr. Fishburn...

We ate there the whole time we were at the State shoot two years ago, and stopped by on a trip through the area last October..Great food at reasonable prices.

Dave in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.