1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot , Event 8 postponement

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pa Clay Trgt, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pa Clay Trgt

Pa Clay Trgt TS Member

The Handicap Event 8 was postponed from Thursday to Friday. PA system announced the event would go on Friday and anyone dropping out would be refunded. I"m still waiting for my $75.50. Am I the only one? Kenny F.

2. traper130

traper130 Member

haven't received mine either called john at cardinal he said they were working on it

3. TrickyTom

TrickyTom TS Member

I have not received mine, either. I E-Mailed B. Dysinger, Cardinal Center, and the State Trap Treasurer, no responce yet.

4. snapshot

snapshot TS Member

I was trying to find out info for Biff and I e-mailed OSTA Treasurer Bill Sheward and he informed me that he is unable to reach Brad Dysinger by e-mail or phone to get authorization for refunds. He told me that I should attempt to contact B.Dysinger myself.

If they can mail checks for option monies then why not the refund checks? By not handling the problem in a courteous and timely manner leaves a "sour taste" about the Ohio State Trap Shoot Association.

5. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

I wouldn't be too upset with them because they didn't have to refund anything. I couldn't believe it when I heard them announce that they were refunding the fees. I'll bet this is probably the first time in history anyone has refunded entry fees for an ATA event that wasn't canceled. I glad for you guys that they did and I'm sure they will do what they said. I personally think it was a big mistake on their part to do it.

Shoot well,

Jim

6. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

K-80 Jim,

I don't think is was a first.

When I sign up for an event for a specific date, the event better take place on that date because I may have plans or obligations for the next day. Refusal to refund entry fees for an event moved to a later date might be construed as fraud by the local DA. I don't know how option payments could have been figured without a clear determination that entries would, or would not, be refunded.

7. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Jim,

I think if you check every program has that "Boilerplate" language to protect them which in part states " no refunds unless canceled". It's important to note this event was not canceled. Also, imagine the problem with the purses after allowing participants to withdraw after the event begins. How could they know who was left etc? While refunding was the nice thing to do I think it created a nightmare.

Shoot well,

Jim

8. Dean Townsend

Dean Townsend TS Member

I will send a copy of your thread to our treasurer, Bill Sheward. His contact info. is on the OSTA website at www.ohiotrap.com Hope this works out for you. Keep me posted.

9. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

The osta is working on the refunds and you'll be getting you're money sometime as soon as we get it figured out, we don't have our own computors an Bob Stwart has the info and we're trying to track it down. I'd advize anyone to contact Tad Johnson as he will be the new president of the osta in about 2 weeks, a written letter is always better than an e-mail. My phone numbert is 419-587-3557...I don't do e-mail...remember I'm a trdationalist I think trap should be shot 4 traps of 25 not all on one post or one trap..so not doing e-mail is my little protest against big brother.. So Call, or Write, or just complain you're choice..but don't e-mail me I won't respond.
    Brad Dysinger

10. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

K-80 Jim, Several years ago, lightning knocked out the electric at the NYAC Shoot hosted at the NYSATA Homegrounds. The Handicap event was postponed until the next day and anyone who could not attend the next day was ofered a full refund. Brad Dysinger, Since you are a traditionalist as far as shooting 25 targets on 4 traps, what do you think about shooting Doubles the "old way"? 15pr,10pr,15pr,10pr. I always liked it. Larry Evans

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I thought everyone used email these days.

Data is being collected on you no matter what you do, even if you don't own any electronics. And you don't even have to leave your house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.