1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot- Day 1

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I'll start out by saying that I had planned on getting the results from Mr. Stuart's website to report here as I didn't copy the high scores/shooters from the board. The results are not posted yet as I believe he was having some technical difficulties Tuesday.

The day started out with a slight delay as a transformer malfunctioned and part of the grounds were without power. A slight rain delay ensued but after 15 min. or so the days first handicap event began. There were well over 100 squads to the event although not all the squads were manned or filled.

At 1:00 pm the singles started with some dark clouds building to the west of the Cardinal Center. I shot on squad 62 and 20 targets into the second sub-event the PA system announced that the BAD, repeat BAD weather was about 10 min. out, for everyone to depart the shooting line. The violent storm was bearing down on the Cardinal Center. Everyone battened down the hatches and rolled awnings up. I happened to be talking with Janet (CJ Enterprises) Fritch in her tent, helping her cover up her tables when the big stuff hit. We had to hold down the sides of her tent to keep everything from blowing away. A couple of gusts almost knocked me/us off our feet. At one point Janet was looking a bit sheepish (thinking the tent was coming down) when I mentioned something about the annual Ohio State Shoot monsoon arriving! We got soaked but the tent held out. I could probably start some wicked rumors about getting some bar soap and the two of us getting into our birthday suits and taking an outside shower but I can't report on what nobody saw! (LOL). If you are able to make the shoot this year stop in and say hello to Janet and look at her jackets and leather goods. Don't forget to give her a ration about her tent almost blowing away! She's a great person who has been around this game a long time.

I didn't get to stay for the third event (handicap) as I had to get back to Bellefontaine but I toured the camping grounds prior to leaving and was I ever impressed. In another year the grounds will be in even better shape and is on its way to becoming a world class facility.

Many thanks to all who were involved in putting this event on. From the classifiers to the squadders and the cashiers, trap help, trapline ramrods and judges/supervisors. Everyone did a great job and I hope this continues throughout the rest of the week. Good luck to all and break great scores, I'm only sorry that I can't be there for the whole week. Oh well, there's always next year!

Respectfully submitted,

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

Great job Jerry. Hows that 357 mag. shooting for you? Tim

3. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Vendors at Ohio Shoot , Did anyone see Sietz People down at Ohio Shoot ?

Pat Kelley

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

tcfelty- I really like the King Cobra. Shoots those .38 spec. quite well. I was hitting clay targets (stationary unfortunately) at 50 yds. (Off a rest) and putting rounds within about 8 inches of the bird at 100 yds. Can't wait to load up some magnums for it. Good hearing from you.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

KelleyPLK- I do believe they were there but with the weather that was occurring I don't think they had their wares out. I hope I'm thinking of the correct spot. I'm sure someone else will chime in in case I'm mistaken.

JB

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

talked to Richie last week. Seitz people will be there.

6. royboy

royboy Member

Go to www.rjstuart.com He has the scores posted.

7. Janet

Janet TS Member

Many thanks Jerry for saving the day and my tent. I won't tell about our shower together, L.O.L.

Thanks for the kind words also and everyone come visit in front of bank 8.

See you here, nice weather today and expected for rest of week.

Janet Fritch
    CJ Enterprises

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Well it looks like the handicap scores are good today 99's both events click above for the scores.

So Janet you said the rain is over for the rest of the week I guess that is a good thing for most of us but im sure it could be a bad thing for the shooting coat people so are you going to do another rain dance before the week end is over if so then I will bring my rain gear I got from you last year.

See you Friday

Foggy

9. Janet

Janet TS Member

Rain dance can be arranged - see you when you get here Foggy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.