1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Shoot Daily Service Fee?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WonderBoy, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

I was going over the Ohio State Shoot program, and I noticed that we have our typical OSTA Daily fees of $2.00, and the ATA fee of $2.00. These are charged on a per day basis, however there is a OSTA Service fee of $1.50 per hundred, when did that start, I know there are no local clubs that charge this fee. Who started it and where does the money go?

2. aa27zz

aa27zz TS Member

Good questions!

I saw that and was wondering the same thing.

I double checked my programs from other state and the Buckeye Classic and there is no seperate service fee.

3. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

They must be like MD Md charges a 1.00 maintenance fee on every 100 targets shot in the state It is just another fee that each club should be responsible for the trap maintenance on their traps.

4. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

you know, I just enjoy shooting trap, and fees like this only convince me further that I don't need to go the registered route.

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Possibly punishment for not getting the Hall of Fame?????

Regards....Gerald

6. The Stive

The Stive Member

I do not know what the OSTA 1.50 fee is for. I will go and shoot everyday
    of the State shoot and enjoy myself. John

7. FLIP

FLIP Member

i think it started years back as the relocation fee

8. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Trap gun $5000.00

Shooting Vehicle ( car or truck ) $30000.00

Shells for a summer of shooting ( quess? ) $ 2000.00

All the stuff that goes with shooting $500.00

Camper $10000.00

Golf Cart $2000.00

Complaining about $1.50 Priceless

9. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't kid yourself Jeff, if it was a $1.50 fee per hundred added at Sparta, you would think the world was coming to an end. LOL. Some even complain when $100,00K is donated to that area, AS A PRIZE.

10. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jeff, I want to shop wherever you shop....

11. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

The $1.50 per hundred has been there since we made the move to Cardinal Center in 2006. It is only charged at the Ohio State Shoot and it was put in place to help recoup some of the investment that the O.S.T.A. made in the facility. At over 10K per trap and 52 traps I am not sure that we will get our money back anytime soon, but the shooters, vendors and sponsors sure seem to be happy with the facility and that is what is most important.

Don Cogan

12. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

OK so something doesn't add up. This added fee per hundred is to recoup some of the costs of moving the shoot to the current Cardinal Center. I was always under the impression that the Fishburn family put all the money in the facility. And if the fee is there to recoup the costs of the trap machines, since I believe that is what you are implying when referencing the over 10K per trap, why isn't this fee charged to the other shoots at the Cardinal Center. I am in favor of what benifits the majority, but there is also a need for consistancy.

13. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

jEEEEZ ALL HE DID WAS ASK WHAT IT WAS FOR AND AUTOMATICLY HE IS WHINING.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I never sweat the fees that an association feels they need to levy. Illinois was once in dire shape back in the '80's and had to collect an annual fee and dailies. I remember the mass defection in membership that nearly killed the association off but the fees were definitely necessary.

I was somewhat involved with our state shoot back then and I know that the board of directors had no choice but to take the steps they did to rescue the association.

So when I see a fee that doesn't seem to fit I usually ignore it concluding that it is necessary to make the shoot successful and take the board's word for levying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.