Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio State Scores

7K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  BIGDON 
#1 ·
What happened to the scores from the Ohio State Shoot? The Monday after the shoot the scores were listed on an individual's ATA scoring page. Now, they are gone. What is the reason? I would like to have some ATA EC member tell us.

#5 ·
Well, if they were posted less than 24 hours after the shoot ended, then they broke the World Record for having scores posted to the Shooter Information Center.

If they were posted, then the reason that they were taken down was most likely that payment wasn't received yet.

And, you'll have better luck emailing the EC, than posting your demand here. I don't think anybody on the EC wastes time reading trapwhiners.com.

#7 ·
V10,

Us whiners are thinking to ourselves;

..let's see, the ATA is 10 million dollars in the black, have an abysmal record at getting the scores to post within a suitable time frame, and refuse to post the scores until they receive payment from each single payer constituent.

The ATA is a record keeping outfit, and they SUCK at it.

Our paying dues, and fees, should be reason enough for all scores to post immediately!

#8 ·
V10- Scott,

I believe your job as a Delegate is to try and help fix a problem, not come down on someone for bringing up what he things is a problem.

Your comments to BLACKLAB were uncalled for.

I am one of the shooters who enjoy visiting "trapwhiners.com

Ron Burdick

#9 ·
Where was there a mistake or problem? It's absurd for people to whine and cry because their scores that were shot not more than two weeks ago are not on a dang computer screen for them to see yet. What the heck would have changed with those scores from the couple of weeks ago when you shot 'em. Look at your paper average card if you just want to look at your scores.

#10 ·
Matt & V10

The problem that BLACKLAB was referring to was the scores for the Ohio State shoot were on the Shooter Information Center of the ATA website on Monday of this week.

I believe BLACKLAB was just trying to find out why they were taken down

I use the ATA site to make sure that I put the correct score on my paper card and that the correct score was sent to the ATA.

When this ATA site was being developed one of its main uses was for the shooter to check his scores. If not for that why do we even need it?

Ron Burdick

#11 ·
Ron,

I've already given a possible reason as to why, if they were put up, they might have been taken down.

I'd like proof that they were even put up. As I pointed out, if they were put up, then they were put up faster than any scores I've ever heard of.

Not sure why people think that posting here is the proper course of action whenever they have a complaint.

If "blacklab" really wanted to find out the reason for this alleged misdeed, he could call or email the ED, or, better yet, his own Delegate.

#13 ·
V10, On the "Ohio State Shoot Super" thread, I posted on Monday June 25th at 5:01..."Holy crap the scores are already posted on the ATA website. Who says Ohio and the ATA don't get along."

They were there. And must have been taken off by the ATA.

I brought the thread to the top.

#14 ·
And, I'd still guess that if they were put up, they were put up in error. I can't imagine that payment was received 24 hrs after the shoot.

And despite what some people may think of the practice, it is standard procedure to not post scores until payment has been received.

#17 ·
<snip>what would be a realistic timeframe for posting of scores on the ATA website with the technology of today?</snip>

This is what I do for a living and I can say with certainty that there is no reason scores could not be entered and displayed virtually real-time. Whatever the reason is for the delays it isn't the technology.

#18 ·
The Cornhusker Nationals Trapshoot was held in May. On Friday the senior high shooters shot 100 singles targets. (this is not a small shoot as more than 2,000 shooters participated). The shootoffs were done by 7:00PM or so. By 10:00 PM the results were on the web. High school, girls high school and 4-H team results, individual medal/trophy winners and a list of all shooters and their scores were posted online.

Handicap yardage for this shoot is determined by how well you shoot your singles targets. This means that Saturday's handicap squad/yardage cannot be determined until 16's are over. By 9 PM all the handicap squads/post/yardage was online. As a coach I was able to go online and see when/where the 33 girls on my team were supposed to be for handicaps.

This was done by a bunch of volunteers (albeit amazingly qualified volunteers). The technology is there to do things pretty much in real time.

#19 ·
Thanks for the replies...so if the technology is there to have the scores posted in short order....the question is why are they not posted as such?

I saw something about payment receipt being the issue? I wish someone would expand/explain the reason/rational for this...again..my only motivation for asking is to learn.

#23 ·
After thinking things over, some things like the answer to Blacklab's question scald by fat Butt. He asked a question and most all he gets is some Wise A$$ comments.

I would venture a guess that TS.com is one of, if not the most often read websites that Trap Shooters read, whether by ATA members or the recreational shooter.

Now for the love of me I cannot understand that IF the EC reads (or is told of) the posts like this on here, why can't they answeer some questions posted on this site ?

We all know of the EC making comments about what was on here, so why in the He** can't they just come on here with the supposed "Transparency" that was going to be this year, and tell the real story instead of letting us do a lot of guessing as to the answers to questions ?

I fail to see why I MUST ask my already busy Delegate a question that he, in all probability has no answer to, and would probability not be "Privey to" the answer from the EC.

I have a feeling that after what has happened this year with rules changes, etc. taken upon the EC without consulting with Delegates, that the Delegates would not get a real answer to any questions asked by anyone below the EC ranks...

I'm no super hot trap shooter but I am an annual member of the ATA organization. I cannot attend the BIG shoots and "Town Meetings", so asking a simple question on Trapshooting's most read web site, and expecting one of the EC to come forth and answer it, shouldn't be asking too much.

Not all the posters or readers of this site are whiners. Blacklab asked a simple question...

Top Secret society Blacklab...Ask no questions...EC is watching...

PI$$ED ? You bet I am !!!

V-10..You don't believe that any of the EC waste their time reading posts on Trapwhiners.com ???

Guess again my friend !!!!! See how much they share with you also ?

#24 ·
What's wrong with picking up your phone and calling the ATA office and getting the answer for yourself from the people who know more than anyone else? I would say that makes more sense then posting a question blindly on some forum. Take the question to the people who know the answer. That would be the folks in the office that enter the scores. They provide phone numbers to all those people in the office for a reason. That is their job. No???

#25 ·
Unfortunately, the EC and in particular the Pres. will not answere questions if you have already vented here. I emailed and tried to call the Pres. and no luck getting a answer to my question on the thinking behind the new "special categories". My delegate who is wishing to follow in the foot steps of the central zone vp told me that the pres. would not answer my questions after I voiced my opion on this site. So that tells us two things. First they do read this forum and if you don't agree with them they will not answer either here, by snail mail, voice mail or email.

#26 ·
Donm,

This is something else...

I had an acquaintance tell me he got word that his comments were not appreciated on here either.

Censorship....

I sure wish I could back up a lot of stories I have heard. I cannot substantiate them because I wasn't there to witness them, but have no doubt that the stories are true...

I'll be finding out the truth to one story at the EZ when I see one fellow involved in a conversation with our leader Mr. Wagner. Seems some people cannot even ask a question without Mr. Wagner getting a little defensive...I hope to know for sure after then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.