1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State"car shoot"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapat, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapat

trapat TS Member

I heard a rumor recently that there is suppose to be a car shoot at the Ohio State Shoot this year. Is that accurate info? Pat Christopher

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Ohio State

Wonder whose car they are gonna shoot? Hope it's not mine. Can't be, I drive a pickup.

Gne J

3. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Ohio State

trapat,
    Good news travels fast! We are indeed going to be "Shootin for a Chevy" at the 2010 Ohio State Shoot. 55 winners will take home a flat of shells and one lucky winner will walk away with an Ohio built 2010 Chevy Cobalt. We will also be shooting for a new Blaser shotgun, the Longaberger Basket shootout is back as is Rio Ammunition Day. The golf cart raffle is back and this year added a trailer to haul the golf cart. There will be a bus tour going to the shopping malls for the non-shooters. I hope everyone can attend.

Don Cogan
    O.S.T.A. Director

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Ohio State

Don, it is good to hear from you. We bought Grant a BT-99 from a gentleman here on TS.com. It is still too big for him but maybe by the state shoot he will be ready! I can't wait to get back to the Cardinal Center.
    Doug Allison

5. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Ohio State

Shoot dates?

6. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Ohio State

This is fantastic! Our favorite shoot we travel to has just added icing on the cake. If anyone can give this week a try, I'm certain it will soon be their favorite too.

Joe Nester

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ohio State

Great fun Don. Who would not be there. "Shoot'n for a Chevy." Need to get this in the papers ASAP.

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Ohio State

go to : cardinalcentercamp.com and get shoot dates! I would also highly suggest you try to make the buckeye classic as well as the cardinal classic! Huge shoots and getting bigger and better every year! Tom Rhoads

9. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Ohio State

I think shoot dates are June 22-27th...not for sure exact dates.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ohio State

No... there are 3 shoots and they're all good. Go to the website. 800+ campsites.

11. tcr1146

Ohio State

I hope they have installed pavement for Karla's camper! The rest of us will have to make do with the mud and gravel! Tom Rhoads

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Ohio State

Mud is good enough for you Rhoads

13. tcr1146

Ohio State

What are you doing up this late old man?! Tom Rhoads

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I will try and make at least two of these shoots-- the shooters in Ohio are unbelievable--every good athelete needs a water boy. At least I know better not to play the options in the big Ohio shoots. I got a better chance at the grand as if I'll ever step foot in Illinois.

Phil Berkowitz NC

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Ohio State

That was just a buzz from the Cleveland Crips on their next drive-by

16. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ohio State

Tom, I don't know you, and you obviously don't know me....the mud you refer to didn't come from above, I've put up with what God puts out many times, the mud I didn't appreciate came from an unburied water line that sprang a leak behind my camping spot and no one at the Cardinal Center had time to fix it.

17. dverna

dverna Active Member

Ohio State

A good shoot just gets better. This is just another example of their efforts to keep attracting more shooters.

As a relatively new shooter, I never shot the Vandallia Grand and last year I shot the Sparta Grand for the first time and it was a great experience. I have shot at two Ohio State shoots and enjoyed both shoots. I have also shot other shoots at the Cardinal Center and have been impressed with what they have accomplished.

It is sad that some shooters have not supported the Grand but that is life. I do not believe in the "us vs them" mentality - we are all shooters in the end. Any of the Cardinal Center shoots are worth attending.

As a Michigan shooter is sucks to admit that those "bastards" in Ohio are doing a great job but that is reality. Maybe the saying "Build it and they will come" works if you have dedicated people, enough funding and do a very good job of keeping the customer happy.

Nice work fellows. I will be there for two shoots for sure. I will still shoot the Grand; as it is the Grand. Holding a big shoot just after the Grand is the only "dumb" thing you did last year. Those of us that work cannot take off three weeks in August.

Now I need to figure out who will drive down with me so I can get the Cobalt home after I win it. I hope you ordered a black one - I like black cars.

Don Verna

18. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Ohio State

EE,

We will have a $10 option on each of the first 11 events. For each of those events we will draw 5 winners. Each winner will get a flat of shells and be eligible to shootoff for the car. In the event a person is drawn more than once they will win the shells each time but only be entered once in the shootoff for the car. If nobody is drawn twice we will have a 55 person shootoff for the car. On Tuesday we will have a $90 option available for those that want to be entered into the drawing for all 11 events at a $20 discount. You do not need to enter the shooting events to play the $90 option on Tuesday. This way our vendors and those that shoot a limited number of events can still enter all 11 drawings!

Don Verna,

The car is red, of course! We made sure that it did not have any grey on it as our Michigan friends would not even consider driving a scarlet and grey car back across the line! Thanks for supporting our shoots. I have a great many friends in Michigan and usually get to shoot at the MTA homegrounds at least a couple of times each year. Great place to shoot!

Karla,

I must admit that Dysinger and I planted the poison ivy outside of your camper and created the mud puddle there all in hopes of throwing Leo off his game. Apparently it backfired as we got to watch him break an amazing 1196 out of 1200 targets! I can't wait to see what he comes up with to top that performance. Maybe if we make him shoot blindfolded???? Just kidding. Hope to see you and Leo there this year.

Thanks for everyone's questions and interest,

Don Cogan
    OSTA Director

19. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Ohio State

The car shoot off will be at the shooters ATA assigned yardage. Shoot off will be 1 target per post. Complete details about the car and Blaser gun shoot off will be in the Ohio State Shoot program.

Thanks

Roger Edgington OSTA Director

20. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ohio State

Don, I'm not surprised that Brad was involved in the evil plot, but I'm shocked that you would go along....we are kind of like the postman, "neither rain, nor mud, nor itch of ivy will keep us from our appointed rounds". We have tried and tried to figure out why Leo had such a great year last year and nothing comes to mind. We have a new toy hauler camper, so maybe we could bring home that new car. Sounds like you'll have some great ideas to improve the shoot, keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.