1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio loses 98 year old shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SPACE GUN, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Vaught Winter died today Dec. 7th at the age of 98. an active shooter until this year. At his birthday shoot in June of this year he tried to shoot but was just too weak to hold the gun. He was a grand old man that will be missed by all that knew him. He shot all over but most of his targets were registered at the airport gun club in Lancaster Ohio. On Sunday Dec. 19th his friends will meet at his much loved V.F.W. to drink a few beers in his honor as he requested. Rest in peace friend.

2. thegoodoldays

thegoodoldays TS Member

Vaught will be missed. He was the most kind hearted man I have ever known. I will miss my friend. All of us will ne there to honer him. Gary or John....You may want to list a time and the address or email me so I can give it to a few of the people that want to come.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Vaught Winter was a very dear friend and competetive shooter, he shot most targets at Airport Gun Club, he and I reminised the good old days lots of times,A Grand Guy to say the least. I cannot find the words to wish him the best, The words that need to be said are in my heart, God Bless you Vaught.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

God Bless this fellow. This story reminds me so much of a friend whom I shot with up to his 92nd birthday. He is still alive but they closed the club where he shot just after I moved away. I will never forget him and the day we ( he and his son and myself) all broke all of our own targets to win a 3 man Calcutta. He was 92 at the time and a real gentleman and one hell of a shooter.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

We are sorry for the loss of your friend and shooting buddy.

6. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

7. thegoodoldays

thegoodoldays TS Member

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

WINTER Vaught Winter, age 98, passed away Tuesday, December 7, 2010. Born in Fairplane, WV, the son of Cornelius and Ernie Winter.

He was a decorated Army veteran of WWII, recipient of the Bronze Star Medal and the Purple Heart Medal among other awards. Life member of the VFW and the American Legion. Also a member of West Gate Lodge 0623, F&AM.

An avid trap shooter, and member of Cardinal Gun Club and Lancaster Airport Gun Club.

Preceded in death by wife Ruby, sister Ora Shaulis, and daughter JoAnn Circle. Survived by grandson, Bobby (Julie) Allen; granddaughter, Pam (David) Caldwell; five great-grandchildren, Taylor, Tanner and Trevin Allen, and Ryleigh and MaKenna Caldwell; grandson by marriage, John E. (Connie) Rogers; many friends and other family.

According to his wishes, no calling hours or service. Inurnment later in Green Lawn Cemetery. Arrangements by COOK & SON-PALLAY FUNERAL HOME.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thisweeknews/obituary.aspx?n=vaught-winter&pid=147006250&fhid=8657

9. Janet

Janet TS Member

A long and happy life. Now he can shoot with all the trapshooters who have
    gone before him in that heavenly squad in the sky.

Sympathy to all family and friends.

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

God bless mr Winters. R.I.P. Dave Bishop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.