1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio Cop Goes Off About a CCW Holder.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Here is a cop that shouldn't b e a cop. Watch this video and there is another video where he does the same thing again. Its in Canton Ohio off Youtube.

My lawyer would have his ass for what he did.

2. Auctioneer

Its under Youtube title Dash Cam: Canton PD "Notification" Arrest & Officer Goes Berserk/Threats. Its worth seeing.

3. AlanM

AlanM Member

They have taken the video down, must have really impressed someone, or ticked them off.

4. Auctioneer

No its still there but you have to go through YouTube to see it. Use the title above and it is 17:50min long. It is worth the time to look it up and watch. I just went in to renew my CCW permit today.

5. AlanM

AlanM Member

Auctioneer

I did find it the cops should be fired.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The cop should get fired and the guy should be fined for pickin' up HOs.

$5 says he sues.

-Gary

7. tachyon

tachyon Active Member Verified Youth Coach/Director

This link works. the original post had an O where it should have been a 0 (zero).

Amazing video. Worth watching.

8. Auctioneer

Thanks tachyon. Sorry for my mistake.

9. Auctioneer

10. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

When you talk about putting a gun to a fellows head and executing him- that is a big problem.

An investigation should also be done into whether this is normal conduct in that department.

The other officer didnt participate but did he turn this one in? Has he tolerated that type of behavior from his partner previously?

Police have a tough job and often must make tough choices. This wasnt a tough situation

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

If I were the driver I would do two things. First... go getta good lawyer, sue, buy a motorhome and go trap shooting across the US at the expence of Canton Ohio, Second.... find out if the x-police officer is now a cab driver and go beat the hell out of him, pay the mideamenor. The cop is probably a Bully in reallife.

blade819

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

That cop needs a good blanket party as well.

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I believe the officer is too mentally unstable to carry a gun or a badge. That guy is scary. Any supervisor would be foolish to keep him on the job.

14. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Clearly a case of 'roid rage.

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I admire the man for being able to keep his cool threw all that abuse, of course he may have been in fear of his life. A textbook police abuse of power case if I ever seen one.

16. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I hope this cop got fired. He does not deserve a job serving and protecting the public. Maybe packing groceries at the super market.

17. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Active Member

I am amazed the driver of the car was able to keep his cool. From what I saw he did exactly as he was ordered to do by the officer. Somehow he managed to be polite through the whole ordeal. I would hope that this officer was releaved of his job. This should be a training video of what not to do. This guy was on a POWER TRIP period. His partner is just as much at fault for allowing this type of behavior to go on as well. There was no need for teh officer to act as he did.

18. skeet2day

skeet2day Active Member

WJW-TV reports Officer Daniel Harless was placed on leave after the June 8 incident, although it doesn’t note how soon after the incident the action took place.

However, a report by the Canton Repository reveals more details. According to its story, Harless was placed on leave on June 20 pending the completion of an internal investigation. And according to the paper, Harless has a history of complaints against him — he has faced 16 internal affairs investigations since 2000 and been reprimanded in the past:

Harless, 45, an Ohio native and former Marine worked as a police officer in Virginia for four years before coming to Canton in 1996.

During his career he has earned several commendations.

One was from a Virginia judge, who praised the way Harless handled a situation involving a man with a gun, according to records in his city personnel file.

Canton’s internal affairs unit has investigated 16 complaints involving Harless dating back to 2000.

He was reprimanded in one 2003 case. Harless and another officer were exonerated of using excessive force, but were given a letter of reprimand for not activating the in-car video camera at the scene per department policy.

19. tachyon

tachyon Active Member Verified Youth Coach/Director

The name of the police officer is Dan Harless the citizen is William Bartlett. This took place on June 8th. It took some time to get the video released to the public.

Harless is on paid administrative leave at this time. Charges against Bartlett for "failure to tell an officer he has a concealed carry permit" are still pending. The city is in delay mode. The first hearing was scheduled for August 1st but he prosecution claimed that they were still "investigating" The judge moved the hearing to August 8th. The prosecution then asked that it be again delayed until the 22nd. They know that nothing can be done to Harless and that Bartlett cannot start a civil suit until this situation is resolved. The city prosecutor is doing a "complete" investigation into Bartlett's past.... huh?

The president of the city council, Allen Schulman has also been involved in this situation. While he would not comment of the current case he has gone on radio programs to criticize the current conceal carry law. "Somebody that is packing a Ruger at 1:30 in the morning, that is not acceptable". As long as we allow citizens the right to carry weapons,... deaths are going to happen". He went on to rant against gun ownership, people in Arizona and conceal carry in particular.

The police department has shut down their facebook page and Schulman is bouncing all emails and phone calls just receive a busy signal.

A second video has surfaced with officer Harless once again threatening to kill a "suspect" and telling them he "will sleep well after killing you"

In the first video he states:

“As soon as I felt your gun I should have took two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put 10 bullets in your ass and let you drop. And I wouldn’t have lost any sleep,” Harless shouted. “Do you understand me?”

In the prior situation he also told the suspect that he would sleep well after killing him.

20. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

Having served 10 years with a Sheriff’s office I sure grow tired of seeing this crap. Police associations have grown too strong and protect officers that should be let go.

In this case the older officer should be required to attend a police academy again at his own expense if he wishes to keep his job. As for Steroid boy, he should be arrested and charged for assault under the color of authority, though it will not happen. To really clear this crap up someone needs to sue the police associations that protect turds like this guy. Take their money so they can’t protect officers like this one.

Sure would be nice to see a police chief go on the news once and say Steroid Boy is sitting in the holding cell where he belongs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.